• Commercial/Vendors welcome

It is time...for new house batteries! Likely LiFePO4 - calling all DIYers

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I don’t intend to touch the inverter but it’s a good heat source itself. If only this was in the battery bay.

Agreed! But would be a problem in the summer months…. It generates a lot of heat.

Agreed! But would be a problem in the summer months…. It generates a lot of heat.
My Victron inverter (24/3000) and Li-ion bank were in the same space in my last two coaches and I installed a cooling fan ducted to the outside with a temp sensor (out of a Fan-tastic Fan) and variable control. But it was another set of complications and I’d rather keep things simple these days.

My Victron inverter and Li-ion bank were in the same space in my last two coaches and I installed a cooling fan ducted to the outside with a temp sensor (out of a Fan-tastic Fan) and variable control. But it was another set of complications and I’d rather keep things simple these days.
If I hold onto my rig, I plan to put in a vent in the basement…. I like the idea of using a fantastic fan control….

This is what the CanyonStar install looked like.
1697640393622.jpeg

Then there are these Neil - also 270ah, but a little less expensive. Guess it really depends on the dimensions of you battery space. Two of these will fit in the same space as 6 GC2s - almost like they planned it that way.

If I hold onto my rig, I plan to put in a vent in the basement…. I like the idea of using a fantastic fan control….
Electronics AFAIK are designed to handle the heat, run hot, etc. it’s uncomfortable for us and probably to accept but things like this, pepwaves etc get very hot.

Electronics AFAIK are designed to handle the heat, run hot, etc. it’s uncomfortable for us and probably to accept but things like this, pepwaves etc get very hot.
Even my Starlink router gets pretty hot. I don’t know how much power it uses (guess I could look it up) but with my house batteries failing I started turning off the inverter at bedtime because that and the fridge are too much for it now. My next trip is an extended stay at a park down south so I won’t need to replace my batteries until next spring, but when I do, it will probably be two BB 8Ds.

If the heat circuit can be set for temperature, then I would go heated!!!

Why you ask? Well battleborn takes on some of the liability should their heating system destroy your batteries.

On the inverter I would ask them if there would be warranty issues using what you already have installed.

For reference only, @Richpatty's thread:

Latest resources

Back