Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Many of us have heard and/or ordered spare hydronic heating system pumps from US SOLAR at the link below:

C1E Circulating Pump - Worldwide Shipping | US Solar Pumps

I have two of these in my spares kit and have not installed any to date. I was just on the phone with ITR asking for assistance with a hot water issue and mentioned the US SOLAR pumps. He (no name available) said the pumps are not rated both in temp and flow rate for the OASIS system.

Take it FWIW - I personally will not be using the US SOLAR pumps.

Flow rate is the same - 20lpm, and the US Solar pump below says high temp rated. The only difference I can see is the price. US solar has a lot of different pumps with different ratings - did the ITR guy ask for a part # or did he say they were all under-rated?

C1B 12V 20L H S PV​

• 12 Volt – 34 Watt – 2.8 Amps 40
  • Max Flow Rate – 5.3 GPM / 20 LPM
  • Max Head – 26.2 Feet / 8 Meters
  • Submersible
  • High temperature endurance
The spec sheet states liquid temp to 100c. I haven’t found specs on the Oasis 20010 so I requested a spec sheet. I’ll relay their response.

I've had a US Solar pump installed for 2 ½ years in the Summer Loop. I never got more than 2 years out of the ITR pumps.

If I had Neil's bucks, I would use ITR pumps. I hope he remembers he owes Jim $2.

I'm not throwing my US SOLAR pumps away and I hope when my ITR gold plated pumps I can find some revealing info to compare.

If @Jim checked his email he got his $1. I'm on the run for the other $1. Did I mention I'm getting all new airbags? GoFundNeal launching soon.

You need to place a freeze on your Amazon account.

You need to place a freeze on your Amazon account.
GIF by Steve Harvey TV

In a previous post I attached a picture of the pumps side-by-side. I think ITR is covering their a..es for their high markup just like Newmar does with parts.
IMG_3065.jpeg

I bought my US Solar summer loop replacement pump (and spare) two years ago and did a through comparison. Not only are they rated the same, they are manufactured by the same company - Topsflo. Check out the logo on each pump.

Good to know - standing down the alert. Shame on ITR, now I have pumps for sale :)

I just saw on another forum that the US Solar pumps no longer come with hose barbs for hose connections. They ship with pipe threads and brass adapters with hose barbs.

The concern expressed is that the additional length may be problematic for possibly the summer loop pump.

Anyone use one of the pumps that ships with the adapters?

I was planning on ordering a pump for a spare soon but don't want to have one that has limited functions due to fit.

Latest resources

Back