• Commercial/Vendors welcome

MOD Just bought a Dometic CF 80 cooler

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Where did you get the insulated cover? Is it made specifically to fit that model cooler?

I got it from Amazon. Yes, this is by Dometic and for the Dometic CF-80 which is what Newmar uses.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079VN6N9V/?tag=rvf01-20

Here is the link to the Dometic site:

Keep in mind the temps in the basement which is why I got one. Can get very hot in there in the summer making the cooler work very hard.

For anyone that may go down this road in the future I'm attaching the PDF of the trays from Keystone that supplies the trays to Newmar. Here is also the quote I got. Again this item from Newmar parts was quoted at $1200.

Here is your quote for the HFT3726-RL.

HFT3726-RL - $534.00
Shipping (85122) - 118.63
Total - $652.63

Attachments

• Keyline Sales Journeyman Trays.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 80
Wouldn't it be nice if we could find a way to put the Oasis unit on a slide-out tray? Imagine how easy it could be to change a failed circulating pump.

Hmmmmmmm.

TJ

Thanks for this! This is awesome!! As we look at the new Ventana all the ones at the dealer come "prepped" for the Dometic right from Newmar now. Some that we've looked at from a different dealer have the whole set up in-meaning the Dometic freezer and tray-for $3200.00 as an option!!

I told the husband that if we go with a new Ventana we can do all the work to install it our selves. I am super handy with an electric drill and he can hold it! :love:

Seriously, this is really great to show what you did!

We had this option in our 2017 DS and optioned it in for the 2020 DS 4081 on order. I thought about just getting the prep option and doing all the work myself, knowing I could save a bunch. But one reaches an age where time us more precious than money.

Newmar has increased the capacity of the freezer on the 2020’s, so that should be nice.

On the one we had, any relationship between the temp we dialed in and the actual temperature the unit delivered was purely coincidental. To get to 34 degrees, you had to set it at 27 and then if the weather got cold, you had to watch it or it would freeze.

I’d be interested if others have had similar issues.

Last edited:
You have one-upped Neal and his 2027 VentEssex with your "2030 DS 4081 on order." ;)

I'm taking a wild guess that this might be a 2020 DS.

BTW, I concur with your assessment that
one reaches an age where time us more precious than money.

TJ

Yep, it comes with all the King Aire options......STANDARD. Don’t ask the price.

I like this extended edit period.
I can fix my screw-ups.
What 2030 are you referring to?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like this extended edit period.
I can fix my screw-ups. What 2030 are you referring to?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The extended edit function is, indeed, a nice feature as you have said. Looks like Neal's 2027 VentEssex is, once again, safe from being one-upped. ;)

TJ

We have used ours in both the beer chilling mode @ 33*F with nothing frozen and in the freezer mode. In the freezer mode I have had it set to lowest temp 5*F since we caught our halibut in Alaska. I did find that the shelf on the right side did not keep things frozen and was devastated when I found the halibut cheeks thawed.

In the freezer mode I have had it set to lowest temp 5*F since we caught our halibut in Alaska

I was wondering what temp to set in Freezer mode, I was thinking 30-32 would suffice. In frig mode I'm using 36-37 (can't remember) which is what I think my home frig uses.

I also wanted to add a note for those adding a slideout tray as I did. You have to put supports under it so it doesn't hit the basement door gasket. I think 3/4" ply is sufficient, can't remember, but you have to elevate it. FYI

Latest resources

Back