Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
After you drain and rinse your tanks, if you add about 5-10 gals of water back into the black and grey tanks before you move to your next location and add about 1/2 a bottle of Dawn dishwashing liquid and the same of a small bottle of calgon (to each tank), the dawn is very slippery and the softening of the water makes it slippery, your tanks should be cleaner when you get there and hopefully your sensors will read better. I know the topic is about sensor attachment but if they are and you're having problems not related to attachment, the above will probably help. Does on mine.

Yes, as that is the low point.

The gray tank and black tank are side by side, on top of the fresh tank. The strips are installed on the sidewall of the 2 tanks closest to the wetbay.

You can get a visual without removing the panel, but wont be able to fix without removing the panel.

2019 DSDP 4369 * Active Air * NHSO

Yes, as that is the low point.

The gray tank and black tank are side by side, on top of the fresh tank. The strips are installed on the sidewall of the 2 tanks closest to the wetbay.

You can get a visual without removing the panel, but wont be able to fix without removing the panel.

2019 DSDP 4369 * Active Air * NHSO

Will get out my endoscope and take a look. We really need to install old fashioned liquid sight gauges on these tanks with these reliability problems. Would be easy to install aftermarket with good access to the tank.

After you drain and rinse your tanks, if you add about 5-10 gals of water back into the black and grey tanks before you move to your next location and add about 1/2 a bottle of Dawn dishwashing liquid and the same of a small bottle of calgon (to each tank), the dawn is very slippery and the softening of the water makes it slippery, your tanks should be cleaner when you get there and hopefully your sensors will read better. I know the topic is about sensor attachment but if they are and you're having problems not related to attachment, the above will probably help. Does on mine.
Again probably not appropriate for this thread, but the above and more (read below) has no effect on the issue I am seeing.
Just to be clear, I have filled the tank with 40 gallons, added chemicals (twice), drove with dawn and ice cubes and physically might have the cleanest tanks in the world. Still the only way to get zero reading on black tank is add 40 gallons after dumping. I have even left the rinse run for 20 minutes (just for fun). As an engineer my only thoughts currently is the sensors have an issue with 'nothing' being in the tank. If I dump and only put 5 gallons back in (not 40 and dump again), the gauge will read 1/8 a tank. Before adding the 5 gallons the reading will be 3/4 tank. There is something inherent in the system design that lets the gauge go down when you add water. BTW: If I drain the 5 gallons the reading will go back to 3/4.
I apologize f

As the one with the credit card you better believe I would be allowed to observe. I would simply ask them "hey, when you have the new sensors installed I'd like to view them prior to reinstalling the wet bay panel." You want to inspect them and make sure they are adhered from top to bottom and not curling off which would be an indication of poor adhesion. I would ask if they would also put tape (I use gorilla tape) over top of the sensors for additional protection against the sensors from separating from the tank. These sensor strips will likely be about 2-3 foot back from the wet bay panel and something you can inspect and take pictures of. You can probably see them now if you take your camera and hold up behind your wet bay panel from below and look in between the black and gray tanks as there is a separation between them down the center. This is where the sensors are, about a foot back on the sides of the tanks.
Mine are at the end of the tanks right behind the panel (2019 DSDP 4369). Mine didn't read correctly. Yeah first Newmar/KIB had the tech put chemicals in for 2 days, that didn't work so KIB sent a tech to Newmar Service and reprogramed the sensor panel. Works well now. I am going to add Sealevel so I can have a panel in the wet bay.

Last edited:
Very discouraging. I am trading up from a C with everything finally working perfectly after 4 years, including the sensors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back