Chassis
Sparten
Engine
450 cummins
TOW/TOAD
2022 Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
Do you guys carry a ladder with you? If so, what kind? All my past fifth wheels had a built on ladder that I hung an A frame off it.

I carry one of those telescoping ladders. 18’. I have it at the front of our pickup. I put a ratcheting pole across the bed and cable lock the ladder to it.

I used to use a telescoping ladder, but switched to an extendable A frame type that can also be used as a step ladder for cleaning the coach. Similar to THIS

Telescoping ladder was crazy expensive so I got a "multi-task ladder" that can be contorted into a bunch of different positions.

I use a Little Giant ladder that is stored in the pass through tray.

I have this and store it on top of the generator (strapped in).

telesteps.png

We purchased a compact folding ladder. Fits easily in any through basement space. The A Frame design is nice as it doesn't require a place to lean on for stability. Recently the prices seem very high on this option. Ours was less than $100 on sale somewhere.

I also have the stick ladder and do not recommend it. It's very flimsy, I've jumped off of it "for life" several times. It is stored "above the chassis rail" so it does store easily but I only use it when I need it quick and I have level firm ground under it. Just be aware of it...

Latest resources

Back