Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Leaking Water Valve - No access - HELP!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Your approach sounds okay to me. What's gonna happen? You gonna make it leak? The tech is almost certainly going to pull the panel too.

I always say, doing a bad job of something is just the first step of learning to do a good one.
:LOL: Good point!

Looking at it makes me feel you will have a tough time coming from the side panel to get to the peck clips on the end of the tubing to get them on or off. I would consider removing the the shower tub. That would give you total access And the tub is not that hard to get out.

I had thought about tub removal but thought the shower surround would have to come out first and abandoned the idea. I could see myself breaking a few things in the process, like the drain or the supply lines. ?

The panel outside has the valve handles for opening and closing the valves. The handles don't show in the outside picture because I pulled them off.
that means nothing is attached to the panel. that is a good thing. I will stand by my first statement.

I had thought about tub removal but thought the shower surround would have to come out first and abandoned the idea. I could see myself breaking a few things in the process, like the drain or the supply lines. ?
Na, the lines are easy to get off. Mostly hand tight. Really very easy and the panels are very flexible.

that means nothing is attached to the panel. that is a good thing. I will stand by my first statement.
Kevin, there is a wafer board backing plate that runs alone the wall that the valve goes through. I would try and fix without doing any cutting first.

Well, thank you all for your input. I think at this point I will see what my local RV experts propose and see if it seems reasonable (and affordable). If not, I might be back with more questions, but either way I'll let you know how the matter gets resolved.

Latest resources

Back