• Commercial/Vendors welcome

LightShip - The Future?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Telsa battery warranty is 8 years. If true then maybe the trailer will come with a 30 year battery warranty and that would be a huge selling point.
The U.S. Department of Energy, meanwhile, predicts today's EV batteries ought to last a good deal past their warranty period, with these packs' service lives clocking in at between 12 and 15 years if used in moderate climates. Plan on a service life of between 8 and 12 years if your EV is regularly used in more extreme conditions.
Hard to say. We have fleets of 8 year old tesla cabs here. Many with north of 400,000 kilometres. They typically have 12 percent degradation and that’s older technology. And they get supercharged multiple times per day. I think we’ll all have to wait a decade to get a true picture of how the batteries hold up.

Is there air conditioning?

Here are the electrical specifications for the LightShip:

All-electric (L1 Long Range)Battery capacity 40kWh, 80kWh options
All-electric towing range Up to 300 miles
Solar generation capacity Up to 3kW
Off-grid power 7 days (while running appliances)

As you can see they predict a EV pickup that would tow a regular 7,500 trailer 100 miles on a charge will pull the LightShip with EV assist up to 300 miles on one charge.

They don't acknowledge that a hybrid pickup with an inverter generator (like the Ford PowerBoost with ProPower On Board), will do much better (possibly up to 700 mile range on a 31 gallon tank) because the Ford can share power generated by the ICE and/or regenerative braking with the LightShip.

LightShip continues to flow interesting information about this new camper over on their FaceBook page. Here is one post that is counterintuitive for RV's. I always thought an RV dishwasher made no sense.

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 8.18.58 PM.jpg

A dishwasher in an RV does sound a bit counterintutive and it could be a water saving feature, if and only if you don't actually know how to wash dishes by hand. For the cost, I would rather have a crew cab F350 included than a dishwasher.

LightShip continues to flow interesting information about this new camper over on their FaceBook page. Here is one post that is counterintuitive for RV's. I always thought an RV dishwasher made no sense.

View attachment 20665
We always thought the same thing when we were mostly “camping”.

Now that we are full time we use mostly normal dishes, silverware, etc.

We kind of chuckled when we looked at our Superstar since it had a dishwasher. I will say we are glad we have it now. Doesn’t use much water at all and we run when full.

I bought a Loch Capsule counter top dish washer for my little travel trailer, works great for my needs:

stores under the sink and out of the way when not needed.

Latest resources

Back