Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Shadrack

RVF Regular
We bought a 2022 Freelander in Feb. of this year. Right from the get go the large slide did not operate correctly. Returned it to Ron Hoover in Pharr, Texas where we bought it. That and four other problems were not corrected. Hoover said slide needed lubrication. Left on a long trip and finally had to call Coachman while up in Wisconsin to find a dealer to look at slide. Was jamming and not going in and out without help. Dealer in Brainerd, Mn. said slide mechanism was misinstalled from factory.. this was on June 28th. Since that day I have been on the phone with Jason Johnson in the warranty department. The excuses and bullshit that he has for not being able to get replacement parts is astronimical. I can order the parts and they will be sent the next day from Lippert per Lippert parts department. The cost is over $1,000. Plus the labor to install them. Coachman is responsible for the misinstall at the factory. But they are trying their best to avoid paying for it. I guess I have no choice but to hire an attorney to get satisfaction from this repair. I will never recommend Coachman for anything anymore. I thought when we purchased this we were buying a quality product. I was wrong.

Sorry to hear your having issues with build, but not surprised. I had a class A (Forest River) that had a multitude of issues including the slide and managed with a lot of effort and communication to get them dealt with.

With that said, each product line at Forest River has a product Warranty and Service Manager. Go on the corporate website and find your models service managers phone number and email. That is where I started with my issues and it paid off. They do have employees that care about quality, but they also have many that just answer phones and deflect responsibility for issues.

I hope that helps you get some action on your issues.

Scott

Sorry to hear your having issues with build, but not surprised. I had a class A (Forest River) that had a multitude of issues including the slide and managed with a lot of effort and communication to get them dealt with.

With that said, each product line at Forest River has a product Warranty and Service Manager. Go on the corporate website and find your models service managers phone number and email. That is where I started with my issues and it paid off. They do have employees that care about quality, but they also have many that just answer phones and deflect responsibility for issues.

I hope that helps you get some action on your issues.

Scott
Thanks for the reply. Jason Johnson is the service warranty manager for the Coachman Freelander line. I began speaking with him in June and all he does is promise, promise, promise. I have spoken with him perhaps a dozen times, not including the many times I left voice mails, which he usually did not return. I really think these guys jobs are to put off and put off an owner until the owner gives up. My thought is that paying an attorney $300.00 per hour to get a $1,000.00 item isn’t good math. I offered when we were coming home to Texas from North Dakota in July to make a left turn and end up at Coachman. That is when Jason said he couldn’t get the ass’y, which was a damned out right lie. That’s why my attitude to Coachman is really shitty now.

I have never had any issues with Coachmen when we needed warranty work on out 17 Leprechaun. Had an electrical issue over the summer and called, took into the factory spent the night and the next day they had it fixed with in a couple of hours. I do know they are having issues getting parts from the manufactures even though the manufactures have them in stock. My slide motor went out a couple of years ago and I couldn't one. The parts guy at Coachmen told me they were having issues getting even then and to call the manufacture directly. I did and had one in two days for about $250 more than I could have got it from Coachmen. The thing is that Coachmen pays less for that part than you or I do, so selling directly to the customer Lippert is going to make more off that part. So while you may feel him giving you the round around he may be right about not being able to get the part.

JMHO...

I have never had any issues with Coachmen when we needed warranty work on out 17 Leprechaun. Had an electrical issue over the summer and called, took into the factory spent the night and the next day they had it fixed with in a couple of hours. I do know they are having issues getting parts from the manufactures even though the manufactures have them in stock. My slide motor went out a couple of years ago and I couldn't one. The parts guy at Coachmen told me they were having issues getting even then and to call the manufacture directly. I did and had one in two days for about $250 more than I could have got it from Coachmen. The thing is that Coachmen pays less for that part than you or I do, so selling directly to the customer Lippert is going to make more off that part. So while you may feel him giving you the round around he may be right about not being able to get the part.

JMHO...

JMHO...

I understand about Lippert making more selling to me rather than Coachman. BUT, this slide ass’y was misinstalled in the factory, per a service tech in Brainerd, Mn, who was referred by Jason Johnson the Freelander warranty service manager. The coach was brand new in February of this year. We are the first owners. At any rate, Jason Johnson has been telling me since June that he has the part on order. This is pure bullshit on his part.

Sorry to hear this. We have had a slide issue on a 2021 Concord and have had great service so far with Coachmen and Jason. I do not understand the run around. I did have some problems getting someone to listen to me but finally did. Don’t give up. Try calling Ron Ross, I have never talked to him but I did leave a message. I’m not sure of his title. Others have had good things to say about him. They should take care of you.

Sorry to hear this. We have had a slide issue on a 2021 Concord and have had great service so far with Coachmen and Jason. I do not understand the run around. I did have some problems getting someone to listen to me but finally did. Don’t give up. Try calling Ron Ross, I have never talked to him but I did leave a message. I’m not sure of his title. Others have had good things to say about him. They should take care of you.
I had no problem until I spoke with Lippert parts department and they said I could order the ass’y one day and it would be shipped out the next day. Johnson has continually told me it was on order. Which I can’t believe is the case since he told me on June 28th that they ordered the ass’y. This is just short of 3 months now.

Email and call Jason now. He is in the office now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back