Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Looking for a nice non stick frying pan (induction cooktop compatible)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I never heard of the all-clad (I live under a rock) so I decided to give it a try and ordered a 8" and 10" set for $70. Prices of this cookware is all over the place from crazy expensive to what I expect. It came today and as I had a 45 minute wait for my breakfast spot I returned to the coach and made fried eggs. First I googled a question as to whether or not we're supposed to use non-stick cooking spray on non stick cookware (refer to rock above) and the answer is NO, you're not supposed to put stuff on these. So I cooked the eggs and amazingly they didn't stick. When I flipped them for 30 seconds they did stick a little.

Now I need to figure out where I'm going to store them!

I never heard of the all-clad (I live under a rock) so I decided to give it a try and ordered a 8" and 10" set for $70. Prices of this cookware is all over the place from crazy expensive to what I expect. It came today and as I had a 45 minute wait for my breakfast spot I returned to the coach and made fried eggs. First I googled a question as to whether or not we're supposed to use non-stick cooking spray on non stick cookware (refer to rock above) and the answer is NO, you're not supposed to put stuff on these. So I cooked the eggs and amazingly they didn't stick. When I flipped them for 30 seconds they did stick a little.

You do not spray them, but you do use a bit of butter or olive oil for eggs, or any cooking oil you prefer. Almost everything needs a bit of lubrication, and will taste better. Put a liner between them for storage. Judy D

Also, make sure you don’t use anything abrasive to turn your food or clean the pan. The coating scrapes off just about as easily as any other nonstick surface.

Loving the all-clad frying pans. Will be looking for some for the house at the upcoming sales.

To protect the non stick surface I ordered pot and pan protectors. Need to baby these new pans. I had a bunch and recently cleaned storage a few months ago, oh well!

I use waterless cookware. Low heat. Essentially steams the food. Made suuny side up eggs on Sunday, and was able to get the yokes hot, with very little sticking. I cook meat, vegetables, etc. No carcinogens from high heat. Conserves energy, as well. Not”non-stick”, but healthy and has outlasted all of the non-stick stuff I have used.

((
Loving the all-clad frying pans. Will be looking for some for the house at the upcoming sales.
If you ever want to invest in some fine stainless saucpans. I have had their tri-ply D3 for 25 or 30 years. They are not nonstick, but do go in the dishwasher. The core is on the bottom, and up the sides for even heat distribution. Judy D

Wasn't going to do it...but got some new cookware today (cyber monday) - $400 off deal. Got this set for $299 and then some more using the "Honey" Chrome browser extension that found a nice discount code for further discount.

Do you have my current shipping address? I’d rather have that than the heated water hose.

Do you have my current shipping address? I’d rather have that than the heated water hose.
Old pots on the way (could use some cleaning, I hate doing dishes).

Latest resources

Back