• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Loves rv expansion

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
This is a good method for Love's to get the RVs out of the Truck spots. Truckers can get pissed if they can't find a spot to stop when they are Out of Drive Time, especially when there are RVs in Truck Spots that can stay off at a nearby campground.

The Love's near Auburndale FL is in need of a makeover. They are incredibly busy, and the station is worn out. When we stopped leaving Tampa, pumps we tried didn't function correctly, some pumps out of service.
And there were two Love's fuel trucks parked waiting to drop their loads. Non stop traffic at the pumps, cars and trucks.

I-4 is always busy.

This is a good method for Love's to get the RVs out of the Truck spots.
Don’t be this guy.

IMG_2212.jpeg

Sheridan,

The first one we saw was up in Brigham City, UT as we pulled out of the truck stop...AND I WAS FREAKED OUT at the clean new 'Camp Love's'!!! I was, like, "what the heck? a drive-thru, laundry, cornhole, tennis and pickell-ball court, dog park?" Almost made us have a second thought about our next stop!

There are a few "sorta west"...as in west of Colorado. But, yeah, nothing in CA/NV/AZ.

As for safety...a Texas one would intrigue me, along the 40 route. But, on the 10, I'm not sure I'd like to stay in Santa Teresa, NM...YIKES! I'm pretty sure you'd be backing right up against the border "fence" (and I use that term lightly!). I've passed through El Paso, and even fueled up there, but I can't el passo fast enough through that town...especially right now. Anyone else feel that way?

El Paso (more precisely Anthony, TX) has typically been our last overnighter before heading into Phoenix when we snowbird there. The last time we made that trip was Jan ‘22. No problems then or any other time we’ve stayed there.

It remains to be seen what future plans will be. Illegal border crossings and associated cartel activities have grown exponentially it seems.

I looked at one in southern Indiana two summers ago. There was just several sites near the propane tank, no pullthrus, $39 a night. I didn't need it; I was just there getting propane.

That location is on the backside of bfe although there's a town with a Walmart nearby off the highway. Since the temp was 101F that afternoon I would have had to run the generator all night for a/c at about $4 an hour while "free" camping at Walmart; taking advantage of the Loves site would have been a no-brainer.

I looked at one in southern Indiana two summers ago. There was just several sites near the propane tank, no pullthrus, $39 a night. I didn't need it; I was just there getting propane.

That location is on the backside of bfe although there's a town with a Walmart nearby off the highway. Since the temp was 101F that afternoon I would have had to run the generator all night for a/c at about $4 an hour while "free" camping at Walmart; taking advantage of the Loves site would have been a no-brainer.
Bfe??

Have not stayed in one yet, but seen a few. It looks like the ones at older or land locked Loves are back-ins carved out of existing space. The ones at newer Loves with some vacant area around them are more like small RV parks with mostly pull throughs

I just made a reservation hereoutside of Gadsden, AL.
The area looks decent and it is just a few miles from where we were planning to stop for the night.
1706399774396.png

Stayed once a few months ago for an overnight in Cordalle GA.
Stayed there twice now and would again. Easy stop for an overnight.

Latest resources

Back