RV Make
Alpinelite
RV Length
26'
TOW/TOAD
2016 Ram 1500
Fulltimer
Yes
So BLM is looking at changing it's price structure!

You'all have an oportunity to influence there plans this month!

What the changes may acomplish is largely reduce the attraction of what has become a destination for many of the RV community!

"A Long-Term Visitor Area Permit (Individual Special Recreation Permit, or ISRP) is required from September 15 through April 15 each season. The current cost for a Long-Term Permit is $180 and is valid for up to 7 months. A short-term permit is valid for 14 days and is $40. The National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass, often referred to simply as the America the Beautiful Pass, pertains to FLREA standard amenity fee recreation sites, and thus is not an accepted form of payment for LTVA ISRPs. This business plan outlines proposed changes to the current recreation fee program for the LongTerm Visitor Areas (LTVAs) located in Arizona. The Business Plan proposes to increase current fees from $180 to $600 per long-term permit, and from $40 to $200 per short-term permit. It would also modify the short-term permit length from 14 days to 30 days. This business plan was"

Keeping in mind, as usual, revenue increases with every visitor, this is a money grab that will ultimately distroy tourist trade in the SW. history has proven on the LTVA maintenance of the area is limited to enforcement of permit collecting, and very little of anything else.

The result will not turn the area into a resort, just another high priced piece of dirt to park an RV on, and destruction of the tent shows that are already struggling to be viable.

If you don't speak up, cross these destinations off your bucket list!!!

Here is their proposal:

Not surprised these fees are going up with all other campground costs going up.

But for boondocking, $200 for a 14 day pass seems very expensive for dirt parking.

$600 for the whole winter season is still pricey, but a bit better.

Sticker shock for sure.

If the Quartzsite LTVA fees do increase, $85 a month for the seven month season still seems pretty reasonable considering toilets, trash dumpsters, the new sewer dumps and new drinking water stations built last year at Quartzsite are included. The short term changing from 14 to 30 days for $200 is less than $7 a day. Still reasonable. What they need to do is add a 3rd choice, return the 14 day option, otherwise, the free areas like Road Runner south of La Posa will be even more crowded.

It would be nice if the BLM provide some basic economic reason for the increase rather than just throwing out a number. Maybe the decision is made of the cuff, but some rational has to be used to come up with a number.
Even though the BLM is a Government agency, you would think that it has to make an attempt to have a budget and track costs.

It would be nice if the BLM provide some basic economic reason for the increase rather than just throwing out a number. Maybe the decision is made of the cuff, but some rational has to be used to come up with a number.
Even though the BLM is a Government agency, you would think that it has to make an attempt to have a budget and track costs.
The Yuma field office created a comprehensive 33 page business plan outlining all of the proposed changes with economic data to support. The plan is available for public viewing. Comments are encouraged. See attached

Attachments

• Public Room_Arizona_BLM Yuma Field Office Long-Term Visitor Areas Draft Business Plan_Septembe...pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
Didn't realize this was published. I'll give it a read.

If the Quartzsite LTVA fees do increase, $85 a month for the seven month season still seems pretty reasonable considering toilets, trash dumpsters, the new sewer dumps and new drinking water stations built last year at Quartzsite are included. The short term changing from 14 to 30 days for $200 is less than $7 a day. Still reasonable. What they need to do is add a 3rd choice, return the 14 day option, otherwise, the free areas like Road Runner south of La Posa will be even more crowded.
I did post the link to the PDF! I was wondering how you got 85 bucks? 185 to 600 sounds like more that 85. maybe I need to go back to school to learn the new math!!!

they did in their video! basicly because they are a business and they can because the local enviroment has higher prices they feel they can.

This is the deal! For a little under 200 a month I can find a place with utilities in a private park in Quartzite. My stay in the LTVA is about 5 months. so for 120 a month I can stay on a piece of dirt without on public land!

But this money grab has more! The tent shows rely on volume. take those on fixed income out of the picture and the volume will not be there! Actually forget the tent shows, the Quartzite economy relies entirely on the winter visitors. Drain the pockets for the government coffers, and the businesses will fail, and the entire draw to Quartzite fails.

I get it that most here enjoy the festiities offered for maybe a couple of weeks, so a 2 week or month pass sounds reasonable, but 3x higher to people that really feed the economy there, will send them seeking another option!

How many of you have heard of Why Arizona? All it took years back to empty the city trailer park where reservations were no longer needed was a hospitality tax! Make no mistake! What the BLM is planing is to increase the tax three fold to offer you the option to stay on your land for a few months a year!

I have an option, and will exercize it, but some have no options! This really is about them.

I hope you see it that way rather than what it means to your pocket book!!! Join many to speak against this.

Maybe the real agenda is to reduce the number of RV’s parked throughout these areas.

Maybe the real agenda is to reduce the number of RV’s parked throughout these areas.
Wouldn't that be great! But I don't think so. Looking at other projects in the wind for the deserts, we find large solar farm and other things that cause more enviromental harm!

You might be right though! Move everyone closer to 15 min cities!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back