• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Luxury RV Retreat

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Like others have mentioned, you lost me at an hour off the Interstate, which could also mean an hour from services like groceries, drugs, etc. Just because I can afford it doesn't mean I would use it and most likely I wouldn't. Good luck and continue your due diligence.

About the most expensive resort we have stayed in was down in the town of Ft Myers Beach, and it was located a few miles off the beach. I suspect the daily rate was around $100 but we spent 3 months there at a discounted monthly rate of around $2,000 or so.

A RV resort such as what the OP is describing in a location he is describing would never draw me in. If I'm going to drive an hour off the interstate into a remote area to camp it would have to be more of a basic campground with real fire pits, views, walking trails, and a $30 to $40 per night fee.

Although the northern Georgia mountains are beautiful, I don’t think you have a 12 months season. I think your looking at 8 month season at best which needs to be factored in. Most people willing to spend that kind of money for luxury resort also have high end coaches, which can be problematic on small country roads.

Hi everyone,
I am a real estate developer in Atlanta. I have started exploring the idea of building a luxury RV Retreat in North Georgia. The site is huge, has beautiful creeks and streams, and a hardwood canopy. Our plan is to start with 50 spots, each will have full hook ups, plus a safari tent with a small kitchenette, seating area, lighting, fans, a porch, and a fire place. Each site will be 30-50 feet from one another. There will be a club house with his and hers locker rooms, which will have a steam room and sauna, 6-7 showers, and laundry facilities. There will be a resort style pool with multiple eating areas and a common room with TVs, games, and areas to lounge. There will be food service at the club house, which will consist of continental breakfasts, take away lunch items, and a dinner buffet. There will be miles of walking trails and an open field for yoga and other activities. The price per night will be around $150-$200.
The location is very secluded and about 1 hour from any interstate, but the access roads are acceptable. There is internet.
I’d love to hear your opinion on a place like this. Does anything jump out as crazy or a bad idea? The distance from some of the sites to the club house is pretty far, about 200 yards. The topography is not completely level but they are manageable in my opinion. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Too pricey for me 100. Is max for us and that does not happen often. But I’m not in a $400,000. or $500,000 rig either. ?

I would pay that for incredible services, but some what you talked about is what I have in my motor coach, excellent dining, ambiance, and great company. Sights are easily obtained by moving around the country. I understand what you are trying to do but your price point is way to high.
Please keep us posted as to your progress.
I wish you great success!

I'm from North Georgia. I know you are trying to capitalize on all the millionaire money from Atlanta. House builders are doing the same thing, that's why housing costs are astronomical in Atlanta. I was going to build a cabin in the mountains above Atlanta but the builders all wanted $400 a sq. ft.5 years ago before the price of wood spiked. Everybody is trying to get their piece of the Atlanta money. In the mean time the family making "good money" simply can't afford to play. Personally, I think your idea is great but not for the crowd you're aiming at. The millionaires want to go to their Condos on the beach or already own their own cabins in the mountains. To me, it would make more sense to target the working family with good disposable income. Make the park nice. Spread the campsites out so they're not on top of each other. Offer true USABLE wi-fi. Landscape it to look like paradise. Offer a big pool and food. Make it someplace you want to come back to. Price? $100/night. Tops. I think your target demographic will be three times as large so you have a greater chance of success. Good luck!

Also, consider monthly discounts. $100/night for 31 nights is unaffordable for manypart-time full-timers.

I would pay up to 150 per night for a nice safe luxury spot but not 1 hour away from main roads or places to shop.

I haven’t come across too many yoga type people in my RV travels but they likely exist.

You would need pickleball too.

There is certainly a market for high end resorts. Equally, given the right "why" people will spend big bucks (Ft Wilderness). Question is do you have the right why. Who do you see as your competition? Are you talking Class A only like Mountain Falls, or open to all like Anchor Down? Price range you quote is top 5% in country, amenities would need to be significant to justify cost. Not all people equate abundance of amenities as luxury, many will want site upgrades i.e. concrete pads, high speed internet, cable tv connections, cooking facilities.
It appears that you are trying to make your site the why, can you truly invest the capital sufficient to provide the entertainment and camping experience the guest want totally in your location ( as it doesn't sound like there is nearby venues) and get the ROI required even given an extended camping season.
best of luck

Latest resources

Back