Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Thinking about swapping out the mattress in the 2024 DutchStar Queen. I believe it is a short Queen size.

Liked the Sleep Number that was in the CanyonStar, apparently no longer available.
Next thought was RV Mattress Signature Hybrid or maybe a Innomax 8"

Any thoughts?? I'd like to do this only once:)

We put a Sam's "Premium Hotel?" 10" memory foam in the coach to replace the left over inquisition bed of nails that it came with. Not overly fancy but it sleeps well for $500.

Look into "sleep on latex". Damn site better than memory foam. Four years on one and will only go back if they go out of business like so many other businesses.

Call these guys: RV Mattress They can custom make any size/shape, and they will custom build the matterss to the height you want with several layers of different material depending on your preferences. I’ve used them three times and have always been completely satisfied. Great customer service and reasonable prices. And American made!

I put these in the last 2 motorhome.
I have the 14” thick one now.

Now that I've determined we have a std. Queen, anyone have an idea on the difficulty of installing a Sleep Number bed and any downsides?

Now that I've determined we have a std. Queen, anyone have an idea on the difficulty of installing a Sleep Number bed and any downsides?
ours came with a SN King bed, we love it, the only downside is to deflate it when traveling in the mountains. I wouldn't think they are that hard to install, the wiring might already be there depending on when they decided to switch to std mattresses

We used Rich W suggestion for our Concord and we are pleased, Mattress Insider. I tried to purchase a Sleep Number but was not available. I do think they are back in the Rv mattress business. We need a short queen. We had an old SN in the fifth wheel, no problem installing in the rig. Plenty of room. The longest we have been out in the RV has been six weeks and we have no issues with the mattress. If you can do SN and are use the them I would go that route. We have been on SN at home for about 30 years.

We used Rich W suggestion for our Concord and we are pleased, Mattress Insider. I tried to purchase a Sleep Number but was not available. I do think they are back in the Rv mattress business. We need a short queen. We had an old SN in the fifth wheel, no problem installing in the rig. Plenty of room. The longest we have been out in the RV has been six weeks and we have no issues with the mattress. If you can do SN and are use the them I would go that route. We have been on SN at home for about 30 years.
Luckily we have a std Queen. Working with Sleep Number and Independence RV to figure out purchase and installation. We have a SN at home for the last year or so and like it. The prior RV had a SN and we enjoyed it.
Actually that is what prompted us to switch the home bed to a SN.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back