• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Micro-air easy touch thermostat

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Hello from Kevin at Micro-Air. Our thermostat is designed to perform every task your prior thermostat did -- and more! If you had an Automatic Generator Start (AGS) on your old thermostat, the Micro-Air EasyTouch RV thermostat has it too.
I have not looked at this in a while, but when I was looking at it last year for my 2019 DSDP, the ags start wasn't operational for the Newmar /c Dometic. Has that changed now?

Have one love it (mostly) like bluetooth option as backup and setup aid. Downsides in "auto" home mode it only has 1-2 degree tolerance for heat/cool to kick in. Therefore I only use away mode where I can set the heat point and cool points independently usually about 10 degrees apart. Also sometimes it looses it's mind and needs rebooted as the fan will just endlessly run even though it's set to auto there is no heat/cool demand. Biggest unknown feature is great readability even from far away that I never could get on the factory thermostat that was almost impossible for me to read unless I had my readers on.

I have had one since May of this year and I love it. My favorite feature is the ability to turn the heat up from bed via my phone app. :) Once its warmed up, then we get up.

It also tells you the temp inside and out. And, of course, the ability to adjust it from where ever you are. One night we were in the campground and I was with my son at the game room and DW texted me and wanted to turn the heat on and was not sure how. I was able to check it from where I was.

If there was one drawback (at least when I got one) was that it was not able to work with the AGS… but that is not a showstopper for me. I heard that they were working on it.

Otherwise it was pretty easy to install And correctly identified my three zones and the associated functions. I like it a lot more that the Dometic one that came with the RV.

And it can be programmed, but I have not used that feature.

This is a screen shot from just now.
View attachment 10127
Is this unit a simple “plug & play” where you are replacing the existing Dometic thermostat?

Is this unit a simple “plug & play” where you are replacing the existing Dometic thermostat?
Yea…it really is. You remove the old dometic, unplug it, mount the plate for the microair, plug it in and it figures out your system. It took me a minute to figure out how to get it on my network, (you will want to configure Bluetooth first) but once the network is done, the rest is not hard to figure out.

BTW, I upgraded my firmware as I noticed I was many versions back and (based on what Microair said above), it should now interact with my AGS. Not sure when I will be able to test that, but I can put on my list.

The firmware is easy to upgrade…just go into the app and tell it to look for updates. It checks, downloads and applies it pretty quickly….

We’ve had a Micro-air Thermostat installed for ~1 year. We really like it. Much more intuitive to use and program than the Dometic. I like that it operates via Bluetooth or WiFi. When away from the RV I can check temps and adjust if needed. We don’t have pets. I do like to that I can set temps when we are returning to the RV. Mostly I use the app to program the thermostat.

Mostly plug and play if you just want a new wall mounted thermostat. However to get remote functions and/or wifi there is additional app config needed and that is where Bluetooth helps IMHO. Absolutely no configuration required for any of the AC's, Oasis, etc..

I don’t suppose this could replace a KIB unit where my thermostat, tank monitor, battery monitor, autofill, top off and many other functions are integrated.

Good to share the info on the forum so others can learn from it that may have the same questions. Offline discussions don't help the learning and info share.

I don’t suppose this could replace a KIB unit where my thermostat, tank monitor, battery monitor, autofill, top off and many other functions are integrated.
I think there might still be an option to replace. I would 1st pull out the KIB panel and see if there are multiple phone jacks (RJ11) plugged into it, if yes then perhaps you simply need to figure out which RJ11 controls the Thermostat functions and you could replace. Else you might have to search out the KIB/Dometic interface module and pickup the RJ11 connection there.

Latest resources

Back