• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Micro-Air EasyTouch RV Thermostat update

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Good point and I'll submit a ticket too and suggest it be removed as it's controlled by the AGS settings.

In my opinion, AGS is tricky to set up properly.
We had an AGS installed on the CanyonStar but left it disabled for fear of the Generator being commanded to start at the wrong moment. Also, endless resets of parameters when adjusting other items.
The main problem for us was inside storage when we forgot the disable step of the check list, or in the middle of the night at a Campground with quiet hours, (happened at the Tampa Show when the temp dipped to 20 F (heater)) etc.
The only time we would set it is when we left the RV with Pet on board and A/C running. Never needed the Generator.
Of course then we worried about the exhaust getting into the RV somehow.
And then there is the No Start of generator issue, you rely on the Generator starting and it fails to start. You arrive to the RV with another RV Adventure....

All in All, too much work to manage it all.

Unless you have a very specific need for AGS, I think solar is a better choice for power when absent. Of course that said, the New RV does not have solar...yet., just a bunch of battery power.

Good point and I'll submit a ticket too and suggest it be removed as it's controlled by the AGS settings.
Yea, weird they even have it as an option. That's disconcerting that it's turning off on its own.

I was just informed by Micro-Air that they will be putting an update out to fix the problem in the next couple of days. So be on the lookout for Ver 1.0.6.4

It seems like my GEN icon is going off daily. I tried having an email with them but got a stupid response asking for info.

One of the items they added to the smart t-stat was "hysteresis" months ago but first I've used it since. The defaults are 2 degrees. Anyone changed this? I changed mine to 1 today to see how it goes. Seems like the built in temp delta before A/C comes on again is too much for my liking.

I got a reply from my support request telling them the GEN icon is going disabled daily. The fix is out in beta and you can download it now. Do the check for updates and you'll find the beta option in the app. I am installing it now as I'm boondocking soon in hot weather and rely on this functionality.

Would be nice if they allowed you to see/change the AGS setting through the app.

I'll reply to my ticket and suggest that.

Let me know how the beta is working. I always hate using beta when I need something to be solid. But what is not some sort of beta these days. I have not found out when mine disables, I think it is when the system is off for a certain amount of time, but I'm not positive yet.

Latest resources

Back