• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Mishaps and Victories of my LADP

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
If you have Newmar arrange the appointment you're more likely to get in. If you call then you'll get in the 3-6 month line. I had to do this when under warranty, Newmar seems to be much more effective in getting in for services.
Lord, yes! I will ask them politely to do that. :)

Got up early this morning and started inching the FWS in. My big concern was not that the slide wouldn't close, but I was afraid that the other roller (the one that nobody could find) was somewhere inside the slide mechanism and was going to bind the entire operation to an unrecoverable mess. But that didn't happen and the slide behaved well.

We hit the road in the middle of a downpour so bad I could barely see. I'm glad to had a chance to use the wipers, but I would have felt better if it hadn't been on these mountain roads and in the middle of a downpour. 45 miles of steep grades, sharp turns, blinding rain and sometimes fog so thick you could cut it with a knife.

But we're home now and glad of it!

I'm going to try to find where scheduling is done on the Silverleaf before going any further with this hunt. But if scheduling isn't the culprit, I'll start the relay hunt that @J&JD mentioned.

It also looks like @Magua had the same issue with his floor heat as well. So I'll check the junction box above the GFI switch as well. Floor heat issue

Anyone know what the "Heater" button in the 1/2 bath does? Hard to believe but I just noticed it today.

Anyone know what the "Heater" button in the 1/2 bath does? Hard to believe but I just noticed it today.
It turns on the OASIS fan blower for the furnace. I don't use mine as my zone 1 thermistor is on the outside wall of the half bath and if it heats up from the bathroom temp your front zone will be cold.

So I'll check the junction box above the GFI switch as well. Floor heat issue
I had an issue with my floor heat. Is was a GFI that was under the master bath sink in the corner. I didn’t even know there was an outlet there. Good luck.

Well, stuff happens and no company is immune from having issues. It's the manner in which they handle those issues that determines they kind of company they are. I'm not upset, stuff happens. :)
Headed for NIRVC in Lawrenceville tomorrow. When I spoke with Newmar yesterday, I got an entirely different story than what I got from the mobile tech. In a phone yesterday with Newmar, the rep said that they would "consider" paying for the repair, but they wanted a certified reseller to look at it first. And I guess that makes sense.

I'll be glad to get a second opinion anyway, as the slide has never been what I consider to be right. It's millimeters from the wood on the ceiling, and it even rubs from time-to-time. And that ain't right!

The slide also seems to lean out more than I would have expected. It's not noticeable from looking at it, but when you walk through the coach, and step on the slideout area, it is noticeably lower than the floor of the Lr & bedroom.

And. . . I want to know what happened to my floor heat. The dealer I bought it from said the floors were working when it left their shop as that was one of the issues they needed to fix before I bought it. But when it left Newmar after the FWS repair, they didn't. So what happened?

Anyhow, tomorrow I hope to have a better understanding of just what is going on.

Headed for NIRVC in Lawrenceville tomorrow. When I spoke with Newmar yesterday, I got an entirely different story than what I got from the mobile tech. In a phone yesterday with Newmar, the rep said that they would "consider" paying for the repair, but they wanted a certified reseller to look at it first. And I guess that makes sense.

I'll be glad to get a second opinion anyway, as the slide has never been what I consider to be right. It's millimeters from the wood on the ceiling, and it even rubs from time-to-time. And that ain't right!

The slide also seems to lean out more than I would have expected. It's not noticeable from looking at it, but when you walk through the coach, and step on the slideout area, it is noticeably lower than the floor of the Lr & bedroom.

And. . . I want to know what happened to my floor heat. The dealer I bought it from said the floors were working when it left their shop as that was one of the issues they needed to fix before I bought it. But when it left Newmar after the FWS repair, they didn't. So what happened?

Anyhow, tomorrow I hope to have a better understanding of just what is going on.
Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your LAPD, Jim. Hopefully, they will get resolved soon. Worst case, I know where you can pick up a nice, low-mileage 2018 Mountain Aire. ;)

And, thanks for your recent e-mail; it was nice to hear from you.

TJ & LadyDi

Let me see if I can tempt you. I know a very nice Marathon that just became available with a built in GMG smoker on a slide of a curb side bay. I know you are considering a new smoker so make it easy on yourself and you kill two birds with one stone. What say you?

1673405476068.jpeg

Let me see if I can tempt you. I know a very nice Marathon that just became available with a built in GMG smoker on a slide of a curb side bay. I know you are considering a new smoker so make it easy on yourself and you kill two birds with one stone. What say you?

View attachment 16396
Wow, that's very nice!

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your LAPD, Jim. Hopefully, they will get resolved soon. Worst case, I know where you can pick up a nice, low-mileage 2018 Mountain Aire. ;)

And, thanks for your recent e-mail; it was nice to hear from you.

TJ & LadyDi
Hey, it's a motor home, right? The only thing that always works on a motor home is the owner. :)

Latest resources

Back