• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Mount Garmin RV 1095

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I decided to go for the A-pillar mount because I have a dash carpet. My '98 Dodge Ram dash crumbled due to sun exposure... I didn't want that to happen to the Coach as well...so, I keep it covered. I had used one of those slick round pucks taped down to the dash, before the carpet...and wondered if I should cut a hole in the carpet to keep using the suction cup. I don't know about anyone else...but almost every suction cup device I have used in a vehicle, save my quad lock mount, has fallen to the floor at some point. I just don't want to be driving and have the distraction of a Garmin falling or tipping over while driving. The Ram mount has been very reliable. Never fails...might sag a little and need to be readjusted...but not a distraction.

I still have toll transponders that use suction cups...and hate it. I'm probably going to 3m tape the toll transponder to the windshield next...

Yes, if you keep weight on the adhesive mount offset from center it's going to eventually come off. This is why I only attach the Garmin when in use, otherwise it's stowed in the side console, and I'm probably going on 2 years on the current mount. I also use an adhesive mount right of the wheel with a ram long arm and large x-grip that my iPad Mini goes into, that's even more weight "moment arm" working against the adhesive and it also has been on 2-3 years, again, the iPad mini comes off when at the destination. So if you're going to use an adhesive mount, only keep weight on it when in use (traveling) - I don't remove it at stops, only overnights. The 890 is nice as it's a magnetic mount, easy on/off.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back