• Commercial/Vendors welcome

My 40' Tiffin Phaeton QTH

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Not a big deal, but today I hung a piece of metal artwork in the bathroom. The wall was bare and needed to be covered. And the artwork was something my wife liked, so the combination of the two makes life better.

Attachments

• DSC03578.JPG
    DSC03578.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 21
Today was one of the nicest days we've had out here in NC in quite awhile. It was chilly early this AM, but it warmed up nicely as the day went on. After taking Trish to Lowe's for her "Spring Flower Fix" (a habit that becomes brutal this time of year) I headed down to the barn to tighten up some loose ends on the MH and get ready for our 7 day warm-up trip to Shoal Creek Campground.

The sun was shinning down harder than I've seen in a long time. And the 24 volt, 240 watt solar panels that will soon be part of the roof on my Tiffin, were screaming at me to 'TRY US OUT!"

Back in January, I had installed an 80 Amp solar controller and the wiring to support the panels. But weather prohibited their installation and the project has been on hold. So I pulled out 2 of the panels, connect them in series, aimed them at the sun and plugged them into the controller. I disconnected the shore power, clicked on the inverter and powerd up the refrigerator that's been sitting idle for the last several months.

And it all worked! It was just so cool to run the refrigerator for several hours and never pull anything from the batteries. So yes, I am very happy today.

It'll be awhile before I can mount the panels as I want to paint the roof first. And there are a dozen other issues taking place that want attention first. But it was awesome to see everything coming together today and to know that this whole solar thing is going to work when it's completed.

Brewski time!

While we don’t have a fixer upper per say, our 13 year old Airstream is a keeper. We’ve had no big issues.

Here is what we’ve done in the three years we’ve owned her:

Replaced kitchen faucet, replaced fantastic fan with maxx air fan and hood, replaced rear storage gasket and had that area of the bottom reinforced, added foam to couch seating. It helped a lot.

This fall, replacing all window seals, and found another storage compartment gasket I will replace.

If we were to do a class a dp, we’d have to do it the way you’re doing it. However, we aren’t full timing or even quite part-timing, just many trips and three of them longer than a week. If we were, I see the DP would be the way to go. Enjoy your coach and it looks great!

If we were to do a class a dp, we’d have to do it the way you’re doing it.
Yeah, there's a lot of Newmar owners hanging around on this forum. I showed up with a Tiffin and immediately became the trailer trash of the group, lol. But to be honest, I don't use my motor home enough to justify dropping that kind of money. If I were full time, maybe. ( But probably not. :) )

Latest resources

Back