• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rafael_gs

RVF Newbee
Hello everyone, I have a 2012 Salem cruise lite
And my propane sensor started beeping and the light turned red my slide out stops working and so my fridge I can make them work again if I give the battery a jump I already purchased a new battery and it keeps happening does anyone know what it might be ?

Something is draining your battery. Check the refrig, and if ON turn it OFF. Check the break-a-way brake switch. And the converter may not be charging the battery when on shore power. All of those will quickly discharge a battery, new or old.

Bob

If you have a cable booster, make sure it isn't accidentally turned on while your trailer isn't in use.

You also might consider a battery monitor so you know exactly what is going on with the battery, charging and discharging. This will alert you to unintentional or parasitic loads, and charging insufficiency. I had good results with this but its probably outdated now: TriMetric Battery Monitor
Something like this would probably be better but I have no experience with them: EV-BM350-Expion360 BM350 Battery Monitor

This sounds very user friendly, much more so than the TriMetric:

The Expion BM350 works with LifePO4, Lithium, Flooded Lead Acid, AGM, Gel Cell and Nickel Metal Hydride Batteries.
Measure current, voltage and capacity in real time.
Monitor will show both power consumption and replenishment.
Active backlite, easy to read and low power consumption.
All parameters are displayed on the screen at all times. No need to toggle through different screens to find the desired information.
Easiest installation and programming of any monitor on the market. Entire user manual is on one single sheet of paper.
Monitor is only 2" X 1.5"

Before spending any money, I'd first determine if the converter is charging or capable of charging the battery. You will need a volt meter to do this. Just measure the voltage output of the converter at the converter with the battery connected and shore power disconnected. Then connect shore power. Measure the voltage again. The voltage should increase to something like 13.6 volts. If it does, the converter is working. If it doesn't, the converter is not working. Circuit breaker tripped or another electrical issue to be investigated. If you need to replace it, I call Progressive Dynamics for advice on the exact replacement needed. They are the best folks to deal with.

Bob

Latest resources

Back