• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Need a Tire inflator with a Digital Gauge

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Had this one for a year. Astro Pneumatic Tool 3018 3.5" Digital Tire Inflator with Hose Amazon.com You squeeze to add air, let go then read display. Squeeze a little to bleed off air if you went over your target psi. All while leaving the chuck attached.

Removed the small chuck from the braided hose then I added a swivel extension for those odd angled stems and it has a self-locking chuck. JACO Lightning T-Series Tire Air Chuck - 1/4" F-NPT (Open Flow) Amazon.com

Checked with TPMS and good manual gauge and is close to same psi across all.
Awesome, as this is the one I was going to buy, but thought I should get feedback first. Great idea of changing the chuck. Thanks!

Do you like it? Do you find it corresponds somewhat closely with your TPMS?
That's the exact same one I posted.
I aired up the truck tires with it the other day and had my tst507 in the truck, we use it for Camelot and truck when towing. 12 tires. It was on with the 36 pounds on the silverado.

Never used it on the Camelot.

As I mentioned in previous posts, this little gadget, while dismissed by many because of its slow output, is so incredibly convenient to both check the tires and give you a constant reading in 1/2lb increments as you add a few pounds. And it stops when it has reached your preset lbs. And you don’t have to drag a hose around the coach. Tiny, slow, yes but I love it For adding 2-3-4-5 lbs.

And you don’t have to drag a hose around the coach.
Nice. But I already had the doubler installed so I am committed to dragging a hose around for now. 😬

I love this one, have one at home and also the RV.

tire-gauge.png

Didn't the VIAIR come with a guage and a long chuck that you could use? Yes, you have to release the handle to get a read, but it's pretty good.

Edit: If @Neal hasn't dug up the remains of the dead VIAIR.

shovel digging GIF by Hunter Gatherer

Edit 2: A Prevost owner recommended this one.

I'm coming for it and the other. You luxury line people have funny ways of offloading extras or declaring them dead just to get rid of it. Us poor folk can fix them and use them for making coffee and important things.

I can't give you a recommendation because I'm looking for a new one also but I can give you one to stay away from, anything from Jaco
When I was a Honda dealer I always bought these for my guys in the shop and they were good. I have had four over the last two years and all have blown the valve seals then leak and then you can't get a proper reading of the tire. I'm not talking about the seal in the air chuck, I'm talking about the actual valve within the handle blows the seal and starts leaking out of a handle. I'm thinking they just can't handle the pressures over 100 PSI because I never had problems with them in my shop when used at lower tire pressures.

I can't give you a recommendation because I'm looking for a new one also but I can give you one to stay away from, anything from Jaco
Thanks. It is always helpful to know what to stay away from. It makes choosing easier. 😊

Is the Vondior 100PSI-HO high-performance tire pressure gauge worth using? I'm a beginner and I find it quite easy to use as I can operate it from almost any angle. All you had to do was slowly press the button while holding the pressure release valve to deflate the over-inflated tires. This particular process does not require much time and effort. There is still an error of +/- 1%. But one flaw I noticed in the product design is the incompatibility with the inner wheel.

Latest resources

Back