Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
Just what is going on in America?

In the beginning, it was about George Floyd. But now people are tearing down statues, burning buildings, banishing police from the cities that they protect, etc. And much of this is happening with the blessings of the officials that said cities elected.

This isn't a small thing anymore, it's huge, and I don't understand what it's about or where it's going.

It's confusing and depressing for sure. No answers here.

A couple of months ago, due to anxiety and depression, I had to stop watching (eagerly but with dread) the national news. I also unsubscribed from the auto feed of LA Times and NY Times, who's twice daily updates about undid me. Now with this Portland stuff and Goya stuff and the lady in jail stuff and politics stuff: Just don't tell me. I'm of the age to hide my head for a while, do what I like, take my precautions and enjoy what I've got left, now that I'm retired.

What we are watching unfold should concern us all greatly. Just watch these demonstrations (riots) and you can see they are well planned and well funded. Those people with all the professionally printed signs didn't print them in their basement. Somebody, somewhere, is pulling the strings on this. There's a whole organization that is handling the day-to-day business of advertising, scheduling the riots, gathering donations, buying TV ad time, meeting with the news media and all the other organizations that can help influence the outcome.

Political electives are ignoring the damage while referring to the chaos as "peaceful protesting" which of course, it isn't. Police, acting on a warrant (complements of a crooked Kimberly Gardner, St. Louis prosecutor) confiscated the firearms of Mark and Patricia McCloskey, who had the dubious honor of defending themselves while being threatened by a large group of protesters who broke into their yard. Meanwhile the media does their best to tarnish the couples reputation by referring to them as "gun toting" people.

There is a network out there and they have an agenda. It's a huge network and it didn't just pop up yesterday. It's been in the making for a long time and the people at the top have decided that now is the time to start the ball rolling. But what are the goals?

This isn't about George Floyd any more. It's something else, and George was just the catalyst.

i’m not a conspiracy theorist, normally, but the most telling thing about it all is how people who are supposed to be in charge are allowing this to happen in our country.

It appears I'm one of the few that see's a problem with current events. Or at least, one of the few that cares to talk about it. Probably be best if I limit my posts to RV issues in the future.

Communist and other dictatorships, or totalitarian govts., often stem from anarchy and chaos. Purposely created and fueled so that the opressive force initially looks like the saving force, perhaps via marshall law or some such thing. It has been brewing for a loooong time. There is much fowl play afoot.

It appears I'm one of the few that see's a problem with current events. Or at least, one of the few that cares to talk about it. Probably be best if I limit my posts to RV issues in the future.
I think we’re all concerned. Feelings run so strong that I;m hesitant to talk about it. I find extremists on both sides to be gullible to internet rumors, but frankly. the trump-haters seem to have the strongest emotions - I don’t engage irrational people..

There is no problem with what you want to discuss. I welcome it so that the peers here can support anyone that is struggling with anything such as current events. We are a RV family and this is what RVF is to be about. Heck, I may even have to change the tagline of the logo now, I like it!

Anyways, personally for my mental health I have to avoid the things I know don't make me feel good. This is something I've gotten so much better about in my later years. I'd let things eat me up earlier. I have some pretty good RVer therapists around here! :) I know on the "other" forum how toxic the discussions were. I have not felt any toxicity here and part of that is keeping posts uplifting and sticking to that theme. After posting on the other forum I felt sick to my stomach at times, it was not healthy. In the current events I limit what I post on social media such as Facebook. I realize what's out of my control and it's also helped me focus on more things that I enjoy and making the most I can each day of my life I've been given the opportunity to live and I continually improve on how to make that better. In the past I used to have discussions with friends that we'd ask ourselves on a scale of 1 to 10 how are you living your life? My number still needs to move further right on the scale and I'm still figuring that out.

So long story longer, do what is needed for your mental well being. Post what you want to discuss and have no remorse about it. All topics are fine within the minimal rules. Let's all try to help each other live better lives and continue making great RVer friendships here and I can't wait for all of us to meet and enjoy complimentary (Hawaiian) pineapple pizza supplied by @MapNerd and @ARD. They are so generous! They'tha'best!

@Jim - are you putting in an outdoor brick pizza oven in your new CG by any chance? Asking for @MapNerd and @ARD.

Latest resources

Back