• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Need some help to understand . . .

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Looking at pizza ovens. Wood seem difficult to control temps. Electric (in my opining) seems like it would be slow to get up to operating temp, but what do I know? Gas seem like it would be the ticket, but what if the last person to use it leaves it on?

They work better adjacent to a pineapple farm, so I've heard :) I don't know that you really need to control the temp other than it being super hot and monitoring the pizzas as they cook fast.

Would this be a communal oven or are you thinking per-site? In either case, I personally think wood burning is the way to go from a maintenance and upkeep perspective. It’s pretty much an install and forget type deal then, other than maybe an annual inspection. A gas or electric is going to have multiple points of failure. Half the fun of a pizza often is figuring out how to use it imo.

They work better adjacent to a pineapple farm, so I've heard :) I don't know that you really need to control the temp other than it being super hot and monitoring the pizzas as they cook fast.
There are really just two types of people in this world. People who want pineapple on their pizza, and people who are sane.

I have heard there are some experiments going on somewhere on the East Coast involving pop tarts, pineapple and pizza....Notice the presence of 3 P's.

Sorry. Hard to reply while eating a Popsicle.

I've read that there a couple of companies working on a process to turn pineapple peelings into methane gas fuel. Could probably work with the whole pineapple as well! :rolleyes:

TJ

20200808_124314.jpg

Sorry...forgot to add pineapple. But, it might have a calming effect from the heat of the Jalapenos.

If I ever thought about purchasing an RV site...I would make sure that I would be allowed to build an outdoor wood fired Pizza Oven on my site. If I can tap a keg, and throw a pizza party for my neighbors and friends...it would be awesome.

Until then...the portable Ooni oven will have to do. I might have to add the Koda 16 to my arsenal.

and a balsamic glaze...mmmm. It too would go with Pineapple. I can do that in my home oven. Ooni made me sign a contractual agreement to never put pineapple on Pizza cooked in their ovens.
20200808_125605.jpg

Latest resources

Back