• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Need to change out frig

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
So, a modified sine wave will work,as I stated above! Why do I say Tru sine?
The wave is smooth, most of the time better than grid power. The motors is built with that power in mind.

Modified sine wave is a plus minus square wave, yes square wave! Each cycle is divided into 6 time intervals. This pattern has 4 abrupt on off spikes per cycle. According to electric motor manufacturers this pattern!

Increase vibration in the winding and can result in early winding failure. Will result in increased Eddie currents that increase motor temperatures. Increase vibration resulting in premature bearing failure. Efficiency drops!

For an appliance that should last 20 years, it can and likely would shave a few years off it's life. Will that really bother you? I doubt it.

However if you value quite, if battery size matters to you. Then you may find Tru sine is worth a few bucks to you!

Truth is I don't like opinions. When I research I dig in technical literature to find answers. That is the reason the only inverter worthy of my attention is a low frequency unit. That information is conveniently not talked about in most inverter sales literature. If the person at the dealership has no idea what I am talking about, I quit listening. Luckily just picking up the inverter tells me what I need to know!

Latest resources

Back