Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Wgb

RVF Regular
Just bought a trailer the sales guy knew from the beginning we have two Labradors and planned on having the in bed of trk in dog boxes.

Everything was done and about to pull off when I found I was unable to open tailgate.

The question is. Is there a hitch that I will be able to open tailgate while hooked up?

why do you need your tail gate open when driveing .

I have a f150 I don't need it opened while driving but to let the dogs out for breaks along the way.

If there in dog boxes, strap the boxes down and remove the tailgate, or your probably hitting the tongue jack. See if you can find a shorter one.

This is what I came up with but there is some side to side play in the connection. So I'm not sure how it would pull..

My next option is to relocate jack further back the tailgate would work and miss the propane tanks.

What are your thoughts for my best options.
IMG_20221016_164754.jpg

This is what I came up with but there is some side to side play in the connection. So I'm not sure how it would pull..

My next option is to relocate jack further back the tailgate would work and miss the propane tanks.

What are your thoughts for my best options.
View attachment 15184
I think that puts way too much pressure on your truck hitch.

The closer you have the ball to the truck, the better stability you will have.

I've came to the conclusion that the best and easiest will be to cut the power cable to the jack and make it a pluggable and remove the three bolts and remove the jack while traveling. That way we will be able to let the dogs out to excercize and so on a long the way.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back