• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Never ending slide out issue

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I have a few questions regarding this issue! But to get a relevant response, I will try to explain my logic!

When the slide was installed we know nothing was in the cabinets, or fridge. When you have your rig serviced do you have your rig loaded the same way as when you travel?

As I see it, you add a couple hundred pounds in that slide, that is not present when you have it serviced! Can you see where I'm going with this? If not, understand that everything flexes when weight is added.

Your slide should not have to climb anything!!! The power level control stops the slide so that you can clear anything in the way. You know like a human body??? Or other object you didn't catch before activating the slide. You might think of your garage door, that stops before it crushes your pet, or child.

Sorry for being so graphic, such issues become part of system design. I know some really capable mechanically inclined people that hate reading. These people often do a better job on the floor than an engineer can, but there is a balancing act that needs more attention in the world today!!!

So the question: will you empty your slide of it's contents and tell me if your slide needs to climb anything???
Slides are loaded. I also sit on a seat to simulate extra pounds. Slide is level with the floor so it does have to roll up an incline. That is what I mean by climbing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back