• Commercial/Vendors welcome

New DEF?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
They just build a coach on the chassis as delivered. They’d have to modify it to make an improvement in tank location and that would take time and money, and probably some level of EPA approval. So really its the chassis manufacturers who would have to make the change. I can see how it would be much more tidy on a Super C since they start with a cab and chassis truck.

Take a look at the before and after on mine - they just worked around the tank wasting a lot of storage space. But that compartment wouldn’t even be there on a side radiator coach.

2276A89E-12C9-4762-93BE-DC666BE83056.jpeg

DA2B16AE-8B59-4CB0-902C-3F5339D3DA50.jpeg

I find box DEF more convenient as there is rarely an opportunity to fill both tanks from the same position at the pumps, and with box DEF I can add it at my leisure, at home or in a CG. I don’t bother with it when getting fuel.
I agree with @Rich W. I also use the jugs, always have, something to do while enjoying a cold one at the campground, the pumps are a PITA in my opinion

I think the DEF tank needs to be near the engine/exhaust which dictates its location.

I think the DEF tank needs to be near the engine/exhaust which dictates its location.
I hadn’t thought about that but it makes sense because that’s where it is whether its a class A or super C. Maybe pumping DEF the length of the chassis would be more problematic than it already is.

I hadn’t thought about that but it makes sense because that’s where it is whether its a class A or super C. Maybe pumping DEF the length of the chassis would be more problematic than it already is.
I suspect it would be hard to keep that line from freezing in the winter….

I keep an empty jug in my rig and fill it at the truck stop. Simpler than moving the rig. When I get to the campground, I test the DEF before dispensing it.

I keep an empty jug in my rig and fill it at the truck stop. Simpler than moving the rig. When I get to the campground, I test the DEF before dispensing it.
Agreed, the DEF fill is behind the Tag axle and Fuel fill is forward. The placement of these fillers is a bit of a nuisance in my opinion but logical placement in the grand scheme of things.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back