Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wr Sahara
Fulltimer
No
Just got back from the world wide Con-Ag convention Las Vegas. Came across a vendor for DEF. They were proud and pushing their Platinum version. New and improved version. Really? This one is supposed to add a new proprietary ingredient so the DEF does not form crystals that build up in the exhaust and create a block increasing backward pressure. It is about 6 bucks more than the regular DEF. Any thoughts on this???? They say this could help with the head problem. Don't know if I'm buying into this yet.

Blue DEF Platinum had been around for a couple of years and they claim the same thing, wont crystalize. I bought some of each and did a side by side test in a dish, just letting it sit out in the open air and the Platinum actually crystalized worse than the standard. What company is claiming this now.

Blue DEF Platinum had been around for a couple of years and they claim the same thing, wont crystalize. I bought some of each and did a side by side test in a dish, just letting it sit out in the open air and the Platinum actually crystalized worse than the standard. What company is claiming this now.
Can't remember what company. Do you use BLUE or another brand?

I almost exclusively DEF from truck stops, Loves, Pilot, ect in my coach. When Blue Def came out with the Platinum I considered switching until i ran the test. I have a diesel pick up that I exclusively use the standard Blue DEF in the 2.5 gal jugs.

No plans to stop using truck stop pump DEF. Would need to see or hear lots of positive feedback on box def being much better to go through the aggravation of purchasing and filling box def.

It would have been nice if Newmar put the DEF Tank on my DS on the same side as the pump as where I am already sitting there getting diesel. :mad:

It would have been nice if Newmar put the DEF Tank on my DS on the same side as the pump as where I am already sitting there getting diesel. :mad:
Well. They did…eventually. My 2017 is correct. Not sure what they were thinking back then.

I find box DEF more convenient as there is rarely an opportunity to fill both tanks from the same position at the pumps, and with box DEF I can add it at my leisure, at home or in a CG. I don’t bother with it when getting fuel.

Since I get 300 mpg I don’t have to add it very often, and always having it on hand makes it easy to keep the tank full, reducing the chance of crud build-up in the tank and on the header. And then of course there is the ability to determine how old it is, if you can keep up with the ever-changing date codes.

I buy from my local Chevron card lock station as they don’t jack up the price like so many big box stores. I commonly see it for $20-25 a 2.5 gal box in stores these days. Still $12 at Chevron.

What does pump DEF generally cost these days?

Well. They did…eventually. My 2017 is correct. Not sure what they were thinking back then.
I think it‘s commonly on the passenger side on side radiator coaches. My ‘16 Ventana has it on the driver’s side too. Either way, its never next to the fuel fill like it is on my F250, so to fill both from the same position, you’d have to find pumps positioned just right.

One of the advantages in the SuperC - DEF is immediately next to the fuel tank on the driver’s side.
I don’t understand what these nice class A builders were doing when they designed the units. We know they weren’t thinking as actual drivers in the real world. These builders need to make the designers drive one of these class A units through a truck stop to do a fuel and DEF fill up. That should solve the issue.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back