• Commercial/Vendors welcome

New Tiffin Owner/DC

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
In regards to motorcycle lifts here is a link that may help. It has a variety of options. I personally have a Hydralift on my Class A and love it. My lift is welded directly to the frame not the hitch so hitch limitations may not be an issue. Since the lift sits so far behind the rear wheels there is a formula to calculate the weight. I will try to find it.

How much does your motorcycle weigh? We are looking at a 34' Ventana but not sure I can put one on with my 800lbs Roadmaster

My bike weighs approx 750. It’s a 2016 Dyna Street Bob.

As we near the end of what’s been a very frustrating summer for me, which included two cancelled appointments at two different shops for two different reasons, I decided to purchase a Cruiser Lift for the same reasons I’ve seen over and over again: it’s good track record, the price (about $1500 less than the Hydra Lift) and that if it needed any repairs on the road, the system on the Cruiser is much more simple, parts for an electric winch are common to come by, and more mechanics would be familiar enough with to make repairs. The Hydra Lift is a beautiful thing, but the reasons above defeat them in the selection process. Plus, I was able to deal with one of the company’s owners.

The season is basically over for the but there is one in production with my name on it. I expect it to ship in about a week.

As for viability, I have a Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34 TGA. I have received a ton of well meant but contradictory advise that fills the spectrum from absolutely not to absolutely yes. Tiffin was nice, but really didn’t give me a straight answer. A number of people on here along with a couple of mechanics said the rule of thumb is that if it were gas, and mine is, the chassis would not be strong enough to support it.But, there were exceptions. Others swear by the formula above.

But what seemed like the most common thus easier to get repaired a very frustrating summersense, at least fir me, is that if the two principle steel beams of the chassis span the full length of the coach, uninterrupted by any welded joints, on the specific Ford chassis I have, and that the lift was welded to the chassis by a new three point hitch, it would be sufficient to not put too much weight on the rear axle nor affect the the handling re: the front end. A plurality of experienced hands agreed with those guidelines. That’s my story. I took way too long to tell it. But I hope to be on my way just after Labor Day.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back