RV Year
RV Make
Sunset Park
RV Model
SunLite 16BH
RV Length
16' 6"
Greetings!

I am a new GREEN RV owner.....sorry!! ha!! (SO MANY QUESTIONS!!)

A 2019 Sunlite 16BH

Can anyone advise me the 9' 6" awning extension length? Would appreciate. (Wanting to purchase a floor tarp. My RV is currently winterized w.banded tarp cover)

Thank you!

Best -
Paul

Welcome aboard!

Greetings @PSZ
We just picked our 16BH today from the dealer. When I get home tomorrow afternoon, I’ll be able to get that measurement for you. 👍

We ordered ours with pretty much everything on it (took 1mo to build), but somehow it didn’t get the Lift Kit from the factory as we’d spec’d. Dealer said the springs ride atop the axle (rather than under it) on the lifted model and they are happy to swap it over for us in the upcoming weeks.

We’re only about 20mi or so from the dealer, and it rode like a champ on the way home. However its a bit wider than my Wrangler JLU, so I’ll be picking up some tow-mirrors for it...then probably investigate a backup camera for it as well. (Any brand suggestions, to purchase or stay away from?)

The only issue was figuring out the settings for my Curt Echo In-Line Wireless Brake Controller, but a few stops alongside the road and I’ve almost got it dialed-in.

Hello to all, looking forward to learning new things from everyone.

Greetings!

I am a new GREEN RV owner.....sorry!! ha!! (SO MANY QUESTIONS!!)

A 2019 Sunlite 16BH

Can anyone advise me the 9' 6" awning extension length? Would appreciate. (Wanting to purchase a floor tarp. My RV is currently winterized w.banded tarp cover)

Thank you!

Best -
Paul
A few things!

It doesn't matter, the awning will be in most of the time. Yes that's right. People that leave them out unattended loose them in bad weather. That means your porch will see the storm, so size doesn't matter.

Enjoy!

Welcome!

I suppose I can comment about the awnings. Yes, both the side and rear awnings are nice, but the advice about storms damaging them is absolute. Never leave your awnings out if you even think its not going to be windy. In our case, we purchased the 16bh in the end of Jan. '23. We've traveled with it about 2000+ miles now, and, during that time we've used our awnings a lot. We use a simple poly rug from Walmart for our side awning. (I think its 8x10) Our model has the side and back awnings. This is where I would offer a warning, the door and the back awning overlap. It wasn't too long before we bent one awning arm where the two can meet, so be careful in having the door open and using your back awning.

Happy travels,
Dan

Latest resources

Back