Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2022 GMC Canyon AT4
Fulltimer
No
Due to some member posting how great some food was cooked on a Ninja Woodpellet Grill, there has been a buying frenzy for such a grill. Now recipe requests are beginning to appear.

If you have a favorite food cooked on the Ninja, share with the group including seasonings, which setting, will it include smoke, temp, etc. Pictures would be appreciated.

I’ll start by saying we should all lose our timers and invest in a decent thermometer. With the Woodfire grill, cook time isn’t an issue, it’s all about internal temperature.

Last night I cooked chicken quarters and I monitored the temp closely and it came out great. Tonight I grilled salmon on HI for 7 minutes, when I checked the temp at 5 minutes the temp was at 145. I probably need to lower the grilling temperature. These units are extremely efficient.

Still waiting for those chicken quarters....

Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

I will say the amount of smoke you get from the small amount of pellets is amazing. Coming from a GMG and then a Traeger portable I am impressed.

Did some wings following the cooking with CJ method. Used Mesquite pellets as we normally used Hickory on the smokers.

Air fry for 20 minutes with smoke turning after 10.
Put wings in after ignition and preheat done (add food on the app).

Did a little more time to try and get them crispier (2 dozen larger wings may be too much for the basket).

Came out pretty good. Lots of smoky flavor and done well - could have been a bit crispier.

Leftovers in a bag in the fridge. Wife opened at lunch time the day after and the Smokey smell had grown to the point where it was too much for her.

Next batch will be without smoke.

Recommend a lighter flavor pellet unless you like things really Smokey 😊

I will say the amount of smoke you get from the small amount of pellets is amazing. Coming from a GMG and then a Traeger portable I am impressed.

Did some wings following the cooking with CJ method. Used Mesquite pellets as we normally used Hickory on the smokers.

Air fry for 20 minutes with smoke turning after 10.
Put wings in after ignition and preheat done (add food on the app).

Did a little more time to try and get them crispier (2 dozen larger wings may be too much for the basket).

Came out pretty good. Lots of smoky flavor and done well - could have been a bit crispier.

Leftovers in a bag in the fridge. Wife opened at lunch time the day after and the Smokey smell had grown to the point where it was too much for her.

Next batch will be without smoke.

Recommend a lighter flavor pellet unless you like things really Smokey 😊
Did you see Glampdaddy's recipe?

I wonder if those racks are available on Amazon?:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back