Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

fabieber

RVF Newbee
Greetings, After 30 year of gas motor homing, we are read to pick up our first diesel - 2014, 33AA.
We are excited, anxious, hopeful. If any of you experienced Tiffin owners have any cautions, suggestions, and or warnings, we would very much appreciate hearing from you. Don't sugarcoat because we're new owners - we have no expectations of perfection or problem free ownership. One question I have now is what system operates the slides? We have had a lifetime of problems with the Lippert Slides and are hopeful this coach has something else.....anything else!
O

Welcome and congrats!

Hi fabieber: Welcome to RVforums there are a lot of knowledgeable and friendly people here to help. First your two main slides are Hydraulic. The hydraulic system is located on the DS second lower bay from the front. Your two smaller slides, the two bedroom ones are Swinick. Sometimes when these small slides get stuck there are two reset sequences you should try to get them working first. More on that later

If your coach doesn't all ready have it I would suggest a front steering stabilizer. It will help greatly with the ride. I have Safety Plus installed on mine. Also get your coach weighed when it has full fluids and loaded for a trip. Then adjust your tire pressure accordingly. Your coach has Michelin Tires, you can go to their website and see what tire pressure you need to go by for your weight. You can get away with just weighing your front and rear axles. Four corner weighing scales are hard to find.

Make sure you check out all your systems, aka AC, Heat, propane, generator, slides, water pump and more, FIRST. Also make sure if possible you have a list or paperwork on all the work, maintenance and other wise performed on your coach. Diesel oil and filter changes can be pricey.

You say your coach is a 2014, do you have the original tires on it or newer ones. If original I would consider new ones just to be safe.

The 33AA is a great floor plan. I hope you have many safe travels.

Regards HH

Welcome. Great coach. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back