Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
Ok, my original tires were rated for 80 psi. My new tires need 100psi. I really don’t have room to store and carry a compressor with a tank.

What do you use / recommend that is portable, reasonable size and will handle the load. The inflator I have fits under my back seat, plugs into a regular plug 🔌 is rated to 125 but the air hose gets very hot and at 90 psi the “clip” pops off the tire

For tire inflation I finally bought a Viair 400p. I was hauling around a small air tool compressor for years and it was heavier and took up a lot more space. Also this being 12v and portable it has more utility than a 120v compressor - it comes in a carry bag, and I can take it with me in the jeep. It was a little on the pricey side but I’m happy with it.

Lately I'm using a Milwaukee M12 portable compressor. Weighs just over 3 pounds and stores in about the same room as a football. Goes up to 140 psi. Digital readout of actual and desired pressures. Set it to the pressure you want, press the Go button and that's it. Shuts off when done. I no longer have any desire to haul around a bigger compressor or one of my air tanks. Ever again I hope. I've used a number of "cigarette lighter plug" compressors over the years. This one is made and sounds a bit like those but spanks them handily in usefulness.
Downside is it isn't cheap, nor are the batteries. The batteries are no issue for me as I have a fair collection of Milwaukee stuff already. I like the five year warranty and can testify they stand by it. I had a tool fail at 4 years and 11 months. They sent me a new one.

There's a bigger M18 compressor but I would have no use for it. The M12 takes care of my coach and small fleet of four and two wheeled vehicles well enough. https://www.northerntool.com/produc...0rWlS7CeAMl0jXJjxQ4aAjKHEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Ok, my original tires were rated for 80 psi. My new tires need 100psi. I really don’t have room to store and carry a compressor with a tank.

What do you use / recommend that is portable, reasonable size and will handle the load. The inflator I have fits under my back seat, plugs into a regular plug 🔌 is rated to 125 but the air hose gets very hot and at 90 psi the “clip” pops off the tire
I use this from harbor freight tools.
16900521670586788703289413430777.jpg

Quite, low power requirements, fast charge up, aluminum tank and frame. There is only one compressor that holds a candle to it!! By the way I use this for air tools, blowing out coils, and anything else I can think of, and the one you are looking at has spent countless weeks while doing projects in the weather. Has been my goto now for about 6 years.

The other unit is a 12vdc unit used by Jeepers that rock crawl. I'm not one of them so can't tell you much about them, but know they get very good service out of them.

Nothing else in 30 years using portable compressors has come close to getting my knodd of approval.

I just bought a class B with 80PSI rear tires and about to make the move to an air compressor - looking at Kobalt (Lowe's), Craftsman, Porter Cable or Harbor Freight. I had a Black & Decker inflator which worked on all my tires up to the 55PSI required on my pickup, but it blew its top (literally) on the class B. Then bought a Viair 88P ("12V, 120 PSI, for Up to 33 Inch Tires") which couldn't get past 66PSI on the tires.
So, compressor it is.

This compressor is quite, pumps up quickly, has low starting amps. Will run on most inverters over 2000w.

I have a friend that chopped the handle off so he could put it in a small hatch on his slide in camper.

I have one I have used for at least 4 years.

Top that with their 2year warranty and it is a hard deal for anyone to match!!!

"So, compressor it is." Which? A super portable mini like my Milwaukee or a big heavy one? Just curious.

Latest resources

Back