Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Or a beefy impact and one of these

1693782936714.jpeg

Here is my torque setup. The gauge is after the torque multiplier so it's getting accurate torque applied. The Jack stand makes it easier to keep the rig straight on with the nut so it's accurate and easier to apply correct torque. Without the multiplier I have to put most of my body weight into the long 3/4" drive torque wrench (that isn't working well as a "torque" wrench so it's more of a breaker bar now).

I have a 3/4" air impact that I use to take the lugs off. But never use it to torque them tight. I use a 1/2" nimbler impact to snug the nuts fast.

So, cleaned up the AC fitting, got the fitting to turn again. Put a few drops of PAG oil into the compressor to ensure it wasn't dried up. Rotated the compressor by hand. Put the hose back on. Put the gauges on and the vacuum. Low pressure is behind the passenger headlight and up top. High pressure port is behind the drier just right (in the pic) of the gauges. Applied vac to it for a few hours. Turned vac off and let it sit to detect any leaks. So far none. No loss of vacuum noted. Off to WallieMart to buy some Freon. My specs say 3.5lbs. I'll buy a few extra cans and monitor the gauge pressure / temps. And yes, I am sure I should replace at least the dryer...

So, a night later and still no loss of vacuum. So, will charge the system up today and fingers crossed the relatively new compressor is OK. Turned the pump on to get the last bit of moisture out of the system.

No leaks, so pumped it down a bit more and put 3 cans of freon in. Clutch engaged...and then the low side gauge went negative...so that indicates a blockage, either at the dryer or expansion valve...so crap got into the line.

Ordered new compressor, dryer, expansion valve.

Always sumthin.

Attachments

• RVTorque.jpg
    RVTorque.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 53
  • RVAC.jpg
    RVAC.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Shame you didn't get in on the Kumho 16ply 275 70 22.5 tires walmart shipped to your door for 132.20 each in July/Aug 23. Someone screwed up on that deal.I didn't need tires(mine were aged but no cracks or rot and I am fine with 5-15 year old 16ply tires as long as no cracks/rot or prolong sitting (I dont push my 33k DP to 70-90mph and normally run around 63 for 12-13mpg on wmo mix) for DP yet but I jumped on buying all new rubber for it , 840 for 6 new all position Kumho tires vs 3k. I was happy to see fedex really bring all 6 to my door as they are about 120lbs each. I mount my own tires and bead balance so that was another 300plus saved. I also been Looking at my bags , once I get a nice deal.Right now front bags are about 320 each and rears are sitting close to 220 each.I redone all brakes , slack adj , s cam bushings , bellows and drums last year, picked up some front new normally 800 each Webb drums for same price as the $200 3600 gunite rear drums were just waiting on deals to pop up.I happen to like my Monroe shocks 65431.Change em about every 5 years or so but people worry more about 16 ply older tires and ignore how much abuse shocks take. I changed from bilstein a few years ago I change my shocks out when got DP which had original worn bilsteins
on it. That is same torque stick I use , holds up well and keeps it pretty close to 475 +/- 20lbs just do not use it as a extension on your multiplier or its no good after that. I see they are about double what I paid for mine now but Its handy to use on cordless or air impacts and worth it to not have to pull out the 5ft torque wrench each time.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back