Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I love the look on the front of the luxury lineup with the hidden wiper blade setup but how much of a leaf and garbage catcher is that area? Is that something that looks good but the practicality is another story?

We don't find that it is a "leaf and garbage collector" on our MADP. It is a bit of a PITA, however, that (a) you have to have the ignition key on in the ACC position to extend the slide-out front cap and (b) that is a bit difficult to change wiper blades down behind that fascia. It can be done; just takes small hands and a good bit of patience. I haven't yet tried pulling the wiper fuse in mid-cycle. That might make things a lot easier.

TJ

@Neal this is not the item to be making your decision over. Wiper blades are a PITA on all rvs. Stop looking for excuses and just pull the trigger. Get the essex!

I also find that the area does not collect leaves or debris. As for changing the wiper blades, it really wasn’t difficult having the wipers tucked behind the facia. If you use a step stool you can get higher than the blades and have a good vantage point for the changing.

I would think fewer sun hours blades would last longer, forget the looks.

I like the look, the wife doesn't, so I guess we'll have to keep the DS....

I don't find this area to be a trash collector either. One thing about Newmar's design with this front end is they mount the side mirrors low on the front end. So when you look at the mirror it is located at the bottom of the windshield just above the dash. I'm used to it now. In VA we have a Safety Inspection sticker placed on the windshield, lower left side. One time the shop placed this sticker a little high and it blocked the view of my lower mirror. Made them change it.

First world problems..

Latest resources

Back