Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Newmar not taking accountability? Passing the blame on quality to vendors?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The mention of navigation brings up a sore spot with me.

When my ‘21 was built, the RM nav system was installed. Somewhere about the time I showed up for FPU, it was announced that RM was ejecting the RV business. Did Newmar and Riverpark know that was coming? They had to, but they kept installing it anyway.

That still fries my bacon every time I think about it.

Maybe I should quit thinking about it.
I think they intentionally buy outdated clearance items. Case in point the Clarion dash radio in my 2017 Ventana. That radio was 10 years old and long past something sold to the public. Shall we talk headlights? The dash air controls are ancient GM style tech. Flexsteel and upholstery choices? Whirlpool washers were high failure. It’s a string of poor decisions and allowing these people to make these decisions. At the recent Hoots when asked about headlights and some Newmar exec mentioned Sylvania Ultrabright bulbs as some earth shattering breakthrough, many of us gasped. Someone better get decision makers at Newmar into 2924

Casey Tubmen, President of Newmar, groaned when I brought up headlights at the Keys rally. He has heard that compliant multiple times at every Rally he and wife have attended. :)
Hopefully now that more OEM vehicle manufacturers have obtained DOT approval, RVs might get LEDs. RVs MFG just don't have the volume to be able to amortize the cost of DOT lightbulb approval.
The led bulbs in our DS are very popular, thank you Neal, and sold as Off Road only due to lack of DOT approval. OEMs cannot install these in New units.

The mention of navigation brings up a sore spot with me.

When my ‘21 was built, the RM nav system was installed. Somewhere about the time I showed up for FPU, it was announced that RM was ejecting the RV business. Did Newmar and Riverpark know that was coming? They had to, but they kept installing it anyway.

That still fries my bacon every time I think about it.

Maybe I should quit thinking about it.
Uh, the Navi thing. Not to change the thread subject but last year I ordered the Nav n Go card from Riverpark and convert the RM over and what garbage. It like using a 1980's DOS computer, is clunky, slow and overall I felt like I wasted $250.00

Headlights!!! There is many trees you can climb on that topic. Will make a new thread to address it!!!

Isn’t it ironic that a ex Whirlpool executive a company notorious for making the worst RV washer dryer in the industry, that even Newmar had to stop using, is now running Newmar🤔

Last edited:
I think they intentionally buy outdated clearance items. Case in point the Clarion dash radio in my 2017 Ventana. That radio was 10 years old and long past something sold to the public. Shall we talk headlights? The dash air controls are ancient GM style tech. Flexsteel and upholstery choices? Whirlpool washers were high failure. It’s a string of poor decisions and allowing these people to make these decisions. At the recent Hoots when asked about headlights and some Newmar exec mentioned Sylvania Ultrabright bulbs as some earth shattering breakthrough, many of us gasped. Someone better get decision makers at Newmar into 2924
Nothing like finding out that your brand new Newmar has a 3 year old map installed, I calle Newmar and was told that I could purchase a map update online

Nothing like finding out that your brand new Newmar has a 3 year old map installed, I calle Newmar and was told that I could purchase a map update online
Sounds like a clearance sale with a sign that reads "no returns on clearance items"

Seeing all the issues with the newer units, I'm happy to stick with my "old school" 2016. :cool:

Seeing all the issues with the newer units, I'm happy to stick with my "old school" 2016. :cool:
We feel the same way with our 17. Love the coach

Latest resources

Back