• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Newmar Owners - Post your SPECIALS

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I'm looking at installing shelving above the trays flush with the bottom of the frame rails.
I have the same issue with my slide out on the ODS opposite the oasis. This is a good idea I hadn’t thought of.

Officially have a spot in the production line, expecting completion of our Superstar 4061shortly after Thanksgiving. We're still finalizing specials, but here's what we have so far:

1. Plank floor tile from KA. APPROVED. Note: the KA tile choices have changed since 2020. They are still wood look, still matte finish, but have less of the barn wood look that we liked in the 2020. Oh, well...

2. 110v outlet near the floor behind the toilet. APPROVED. This is to allow me to install a bidet seat later, and the "still finalizing" that I mentioned above involves the still-to-be-determined request to install a "T" in the water supply line, also for the theoretical bidet.

3. Adjustable shelves ILO fixed position in the medicine cabinet. APPROVED.

4. Single bowl MADP galley sink. APPROVED. Thanks to @MapNerd for this idea, as well as..

5. Vent microwave /convection to the outside. APPROVED

6. 12v outlet installed on the underside of the driver's overhead cabinets, near the center of the windshield. APPROVED. Can you say "Dash Cam?"

7. DENIED: Add 2 wireless phone charge pads, near driver and passenger seats.

8. DENIED: Run wiring conduit from roof to driver overhead cabinet.

9.DENIED: Install cold water spigot in one of the bays on the passenger side of the coach.

10. DENIED: Add additional tank level monitor in the wet bay.

Congrats! We also had the outside vent for the convection/microwave...during factory pickup, we discovered the first night that it rattled like crazy. Our tech fixed it the next day. So be sure & check that when you pick yours up.

@Akdare : Thanks for the heads up! We'll definitely check it. Maybe make some pineapple pizza in the oven..?

Your oven...ok...my oven...NO, just no...

Congrats @Av8r. Excited for you and look forward to living vicariously through you and this experience. Fun fun!

We ordered the DSDP 4326 with a small list of specials.

1. Customized Wylie paint scheme replacing Las Vegas gold with Lisbon maroon.
2. Swapped out the standard Wylie fabric pattern on dining chairs for a more subtle one.
3. Louvered doors at bunkhouse ILO standard solid doors.
4. Solid doors ILO reeded glass where applicable.
5. Swapped out floors and solid surfaces within DS group.

I inquired about putting the powered trays in storage compartments and was denied. I can have the service department do that. Need to determine cost first.

Vacuum gauge on the fuel filter. It gives me a warning when the filter starts to clog up, and when is time to change it.
No unnecessary filter changes. It kept me once from entering mountain pass in UT with filter that needed to be changed. I would caused the engine to have reduced power just when I need it.

Attachments

• 75C4578A-C535-4C2D-B114-2F2CF5B5177D.jpeg
    75C4578A-C535-4C2D-B114-2F2CF5B5177D.jpeg
    753.3 KB · Views: 26
Basement pullout drawers in dead space.
I custom ordered (www.barkerdoor.com) the pullout drawers with a clearcoat finish to the width, height and depth to fit my basement openings. By ordering the "pullout drawers" on their website you get the Bluemotion Soft-Closing hardware already mounted on the drawer. Not cheap to custom order ($450 delivered) so you may want to build your own shelves or drawers but this option was best for me. It took about 5 weeks to receive the drawers from Barker Door. Then I went to Lowe's and purchased the aluminum angle iron to build the framing. In spite of my hatred of self tapping screws I found in this project they worked for me (I'm sure someone at Newmar would smile!). I had to relocate a few wires and the basement door closing sensors but it wasn't too difficult. Anyway, I love the shelves as they are very functional and it takes advantage of the "dead space" in the basement.
Basement Shelves 4.jpgBasement Shelves 2.jpgBasement Shelves 1.jpgBasement Shelves 3.jpg

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back