Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
It is a great resource of ideas on what to customize on a Newmar Motorhome. When its your turn to shop for something new and order your dream Newmar coach this list can be a gold mine for what to consider and how much people paid for the special. Post your ideas, what's approved, declined, and pricing if you care to share.

Edit: This thread can also be recommendations for specials for those ordering new coaches.

Last edited:
A lonely thread, so I will start it off...

CATEGORYDESCRIPTIONPRICE
APPLIANCESGE ADVANTIUM CONVECTION MICROWAVE 1511
APPLIANCES FRIDGE WITH ICE & WATER IN DOOR (DENIED)0
CABINETRY ADJUSTABLE SHELVES IN UPPER BATHROOM CABINET568
CABINETRY DRAWER PULLS INSTEAD OF KNOBS333
CABINETRY EQUAL DEPTH CABINETS OVER SOFA, BED AND TV IN BEDROOM1515
CABINETRY MOUNT KITCHEN BACKSPLASH HORIZONTALLY438
CABINETRY SOLID BEDROOM DOOR ILO GLASS735
CABINETRY SOLID DOORS ON CHINA CABINET ILO GLASS 600
DECORESSEX 170 FLOORING2765
DECORKING AIRE MILAN ULTRALEATHER (DENIED)0
DECORNO NAILHEADS ON FURNITURE 210
ELECTRICAL110V IN PANTRY198
ELECTRICAL110V UNDER KITCHEN SINK198
ELECTRICAL110V W/USB UNDER DINETTE TABLE216
ELECTRICAL2 - 110V OUTLETS IN MASTER CLOSET (SIDE CLOSEST TO BED)396
ELECTRICAL110V OUTLET UNDER BED198
ELECTRICALLED STRIP LIGHTING IN CLOSET (CANCELLED)0
ELECTRICAL110V OUTLETS WITH USB’S ON EACH SIDE OF SOFA266
ELECTRICALUSB OUTLETS BY 12V OUTLET ON DRIVERS SIDE, BY 12V OUTLET IN CENTER DASH532
ELECTRICAL110V WITH USB’S FOR PASSENGER (CANCELLED)0
ELECTRICAL USB OUTLETS IN CENTER OF DASH BY WINDSHIELD266
ELECTRICAL110V WITH USB’S INSIDE UPPER CABINET IN BATHROOM216
ELECTRICAL110V OUTLETS IN STORAGE BAYS; ONE ON PASSENGER SIDE, ONE ON DRIVERS SIDE198
OTHERHEATED & COOLED COCKPIT SEATS (DENIED)0
OTHERSEAT HEIGHT IN SHOWER 17” (DENIED)0
PLUMBINGADD HANDHELD SHOWER “WAND” - MOUNTAIN AIRE HARDWARE832
SYSTEMSCONDUIT TO ROOF OVER DRIVER SIDE UPPER CABINET; 110V OUTLET THERE, TOO648
SYSTEMSDOUBLE WATER FILTER IN WET BAY MOUNTED AS FAR TO THE RIGHT (REAR OF COACH) AS POSSIBLE (DENIED)0
SYSTEMSVENT MICROWAVE THROUGH EXTERIOR WALL 426
SYSTEMSINTERIOR VIEW CAMERA (DENIED)0

Had the bedroom electronics moved to the top of the right hand side wardrobe, fold down door compartment where the electronics had been made into a drawer to match
the other drawers, added 4 movable shelves installed in the wardrobe cabinet and lost the clothes rod, varies outlets added or moved

I forgot the bedroom door, deleted the glass inserts replaced with two pane doors to match bathroom doors

Seems no one wants the glass door, wonder if they'll keep making it standard - seems like it's a money maker as everyone is paying big bucks for a solid door.

I'm just glad I saw it as a 6 panel in one of the high end Newmars.

My DW sleeps a lot, (health issue) especially while traveling, wanted her to have a dark space. But same for the China closet...envision that being extra pantry space, and didn’t want to look at canned goods, appliances, etc.

I edited the OP to point out that this thread can also be used for coach owners to recommend specials, maybe something they didn't get or thought of later that you'd do the next time around.

For me I keep a running list of specials should I ever get another Newmar. One addition I just made was to have a 240V outlet run for the clothes dryer as an example. And with this I'd probably need to opt to not have Newmar supply a washer/dryer and install or supply my own at FPU as I'd rather pick my own brand vs. what Newmar is choosing to save money and compromise quality and reliability.

I have cargo trays in all bays. I wish I had ordered half deep slides so I could load taller items outside of the frame rails. Now I'm limited to items that clear the bottom of the frame. I'm looking at installing shelving above the trays flush with the bottom of the frame rails.

Latest resources

Back