• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved Newmar Ventana Driver Side Windshield Wiper Coverage

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Next time call the OEM, Wiper Techmologies. Global Products LLC |, I paid less than $100 for one in August. You might try removing and repositioning and retorquing your current arm first, use at lest 60ft lbs, WT can tell you the exact figures. There’s a calibration process if nothing else works, adjusting the mechanism behind the front cap, but it’s hard to access. PM me for a link if needed.

I'm happy to report the wiper arm change appears to have worked. This is a while parked test but the other one didn't work while parked hence the state inspection ding this past July. I promptly received the new arm from Newmar and was even more pleased to see it's a turnkey replacement. It contains everything including the washer tube run. Replacement took 15 minutes total. One 3/4" nut removed, pull off the old arm (took some force) then transfer the blade assembly. I think 99% of the problem here is likely NOT the arm and spring but whoever assembles these at Newmar is overtightening the blade assembly not allowing it to pivot freely. My prior one did not pivot freely and I tried lubricating it etc. but I think what could have been done would be to try and pry open the outer bracket. I just wanted to be fixed so went with a completely new arm as it may be the spring. I applied white lithium grease to the area where the wiper blade assembly seats to ensure it pivots without resistance. I cut the rubber tubing to the proper length and pushed it over the nipple for the wiper fluid port and used a squirt bottle to wet the windshield to test like the state inspector did with great results.

Keep in mind Newmar does not charge for shipping so I felt, which is rare, Newmar's price was fair. If you have wiper clearing issues first try improving the wiper blade swing friction and lube it and if that doesn't improve it then replace the arm. It's super simple!

A pic of the new arm received below.

IMG_2058.png

Good info, @Neal. You were wise to replace the complete arm. And, I think you may well be correct in thinking that the original installer may have overtightened the blade pivot.

TJ

Returned RV to storage, it rained, wiper worked wonderfully. Time from problem to fix: 3 years 3 months.

Guess I'll be loosening the pivot bolt a little. Glad I saw this before changing things.
Thanks

I'm happy to report the wiper arm change appears to have worked. This is a while parked test but the other one didn't work while parked hence the state inspection ding this past July. I promptly received the new arm from Newmar and was even more pleased to see it's a turnkey replacement. It contains everything including the washer tube run. Replacement took 15 minutes total. One 3/4" nut removed, pull off the old arm (took some force) then transfer the blade assembly. I think 99% of the problem here is likely NOT the arm and spring but whoever assembles these at Newmar is overtightening the blade assembly not allowing it to pivot freely. My prior one did not pivot freely and I tried lubricating it etc. but I think what could have been done would be to try and pry open the outer bracket. I just wanted to be fixed so went with a completely new arm as it may be the spring. I applied white lithium grease to the area where the wiper blade assembly seats to ensure it pivots without resistance. I cut the rubber tubing to the proper length and pushed it over the nipple for the wiper fluid port and used a squirt bottle to wet the windshield to test like the state inspector did with great results.

Keep in mind Newmar does not charge for shipping so I felt, which is rare, Newmar's price was fair. If you have wiper clearing issues first try improving the wiper blade swing friction and lube it and if that doesn't improve it then replace the arm. It's super simple!

A pic of the new arm received below.

View attachment 3395

Hi,
Do you remember how much torx/lbs you used in installing the arm?

I simply tightened them.

I’ve followed this guidance for arm replacements, even though it’s for another coach.

Attachments

• new_arm_installation.pdf
    347.7 KB · Views: 31

Latest resources

Back