• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ninja Woodfired Cooking

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Besides California jalapeño cornbread. Used a cast iron skillet that fits nicely in the ninja.

1717778331482.jpeg

Well, last night I went to cook pork chops, she wanted them on the gas grill. I wanted on the Ninja but somehow couldn't find the power cord!
Did pork chops last night. Done perfectly in 9 minutes total.

Did the temp probe and set to medium done with temp on medium.

Better than they ever came off the gas grill.

Tonight I cooked corn on the cob in the smoke mode. Cut the kernels off the cob into a bowl. Added avocado and feta cheese. Very light dressing. A 10 out of 10. The DW said maybe that “thing” isn’t so bad.

Mother wanted wings, a pack of wings and the Ninja power cord appeared on the counter. I ironically just watched another CJ video on grilled vs. smoked wings so I tweaked my cook a little this time around.

I used air crisp at 400 for 20 minutes (cook stopped at internal temp at 16 mins). I lightly seasoned one side with a Green Mountain Grill's poultry seasoning and lightly sprayed the Duck fat cooking oil CJ always uses on one side as well. As I had too many wings to fit on the grill plate I used the new cooking racks I bought which worked nicely, didn't need to flip half way through, they were cooking evenly. I used Hickory Kona pellets. Per CJ I cooked until internal temp was hotter, around 185 instead of 165. I let them rest a few and they were delicious. Still very moist, you'd never know it was 185 internal. The only gripe I had, to self, was I wish they were crispier so maybe cooking on the grill plate next time will solve that. Mother didn't talk while consuming wings so obviously she liked them. I should cook them more often. 🤔

IMG_6246.JPG

Mother wanted wings, a pack of wings and the Ninja power cord appeared on the counter. I ironically just watched another CJ video on grilled vs. smoked wings so I tweaked my cook a little this time around.

I used air crisp at 400 for 20 minutes (cook stopped at internal temp at 16 mins). I lightly seasoned one side with a Green Mountain Grill's poultry seasoning and lightly sprayed the Duck fat cooking oil CJ always uses on one side as well. As I had too many wings to fit on the grill plate I used the new cooking racks I bought which worked nicely, didn't need to flip half way through, they were cooking evenly. I used Hickory Kona pellets. Per CJ I cooked until internal temp was hotter, around 185 instead of 165. I let them rest a few and they were delicious. Still very moist, you'd never know it was 185 internal. The only gripe I had, to self, was I wish they were crispier so maybe cooking on the grill plate next time will solve that. Mother didn't talk while consuming wings so obviously she liked them. I should cook them more often. 🤔

View attachment 24321
That’s some fine-looking wings!
For crispier wings, I wash and dry mine, then put them in the fridge in an uncovered bowl for a half hour before cooking. I use the air crisp rack.

Did some beef ribs last night.

Used the chart for bone in beef ribs, smoker and the premium Kona pellets.

Came out as well as they ever did on the Traeger smoker we had.

Used two temp probes, one in a thicker one and one in a thinner to monitor.

Pulled when they were at 203. Nice and juicy, nice bark and flavor.

You can see the one in the back fell off the bone.

IMG_0576.jpeg

Someone has the Ninja mastered, a true, well, you know...

I hate it when the meat falls off the bone. Doesn't leave me with something to hold on to.

Looks great, Dennis.

One thing I learned today is if you are using the grill use the low temp setting for delicate things like fish. It is plenty hot enough to cook salmon, and it turned out fantastic, of course, next to the tofu and sprouts with Alabama white sauce on top.

Laurence Fishburne Wink GIF by FX Networks

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back