• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ninja Woodfired Cooking

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Yeah, I could give you a chilling outlook!

I’m tired of all you Texas people saying that you make the best barbecue. It’s like Kentucky people saying they make the best bourbon……oh, wait😁🥃 they do!
Ahem. Uh, excuse me…I was right there behind you (in Lockhart, TX) when you ordered 40 pounds of brisket to go…presumably going to Caulifornia.

Ahem. Uh, excuse me…I was right there behind you (in Lockhart, TX) when you ordered 40 pounds of brisket to go…presumably going to Caulifornia.
That was a gift for his cardiologist.

Did you take a cruise up? BIL and SIL were just in Alaska on a cruise and think they are hitting Canada now.
10 day cruise from Vancouver to Seward then 5 days in Denali. Now back to burning meat or chicken or tofu.

My post was meant as a compliment to Texas barbecue.

Dead fish - success
Salmon
I watched CJ first, didn't flip fish, skin side up so grill marks on top side, target temp 130-135, I flailed with the Ninja so went to 135 and it came out great. Would have been better at 130 but success. Used "cherry" Kona pellets.

As to my flailing, when it says ADD FOOD, I'm guessing you don't do anything to tell it you added food? I hit the start button which ended up being the END button. Then it was just a mess from there with starting and stopping and trying to get things set. Guess I need to get back to the owner's manual before the next cook.

deadfish.jpg

So why does mine only have low med and high temp settings for grill? I’d rather have it where I can control by temp number. The current temp setting is useless in my opinion because med will overcook chicken even with the thermometer dialed in.

Edit: I went and ran it through each cook mode. Only grill has lo med hi. The rest all are temp values. Doesn’t make a lot of sense why they would go that way but okay. Forget the grill mode. Useless.

Last edited:
Well, I don't agree Grill mode is useless, you have to do as CJ says and that is monitor "protein" temp and that's when YOU pull the protein off. That's what I did last night using the nice app that comes with the XL and watched the temp. It cooks fast obviously because it's a small enclosed space, I'm guessing there are times maybe you don't close the hood and just grill or griddle cook. For the fish last night I wanted smoke so it was an enclosed cook and it worked great but all I cared about was protein temp for my finish line.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back