Ninja Woodfired Cooking

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Recommend a lighter flavor pellet unless you like things really Smokey 😊
Did you use the pellets that came with the Ninja or something else? @GlampDaddy pretty much suggests throwing away the pellets that come with it, and I intend to, and use my Kona pellets which the sampler is a really nice assortment.

I can't say I ever really had a smoke flavor on any of my GMG grills. I look forward to actually tasting the smoke flavors of various pellets as I venture into this new endeavor.

Does everyone else agree @GlampDaddy needs an XL now? The FOMO must be real :) Sam's club is calling....

Did you use the pellets that came with the Ninja or something else? @GlampDaddy pretty much suggests throwing away the pellets that come with it, and I intend to, and use my Kona pellets which the sampler is a really nice assortment.

I can't say I ever really had a smoke flavor on any of my GMG grills. I look forward to actually tasting the smoke flavors of various pellets as I venture into this new endeavor.

Does everyone else agree @GlampDaddy needs an XL now? The FOMO must be real :) Sam's club is calling....
Used the Kona sampler pellets we picked up.

Yeah, with the GMG and the recent Traeger we never had as much Smokey flavor. Impressive that you get that much from just a half cup of pellets.

I have suggestions how to hide it from Ms.Glampdaddy.

Tim Watching Tv GIF by Gogglebox Australia

While we are recommending things I also picked these up for cooking. Like the built in stand and, for those of us that have one, can be put in dishwasher.

5-Pack Silicone Tongs for... Amazon.com

@Texas Clodhopper can we get a debrief on your latest cook? You mentioned steak, pineapple and something else? You mentioned cooking fast, did internal temps (thermometers) help? How was the flavor?

Costco 2"+ thick Filets. Salt, pepper, garlic. Pre-heated on the grill, Hi. After pre-heat was finished added the filets. Cooked for 4 minutes, turned and cooked until internal temp reached 125. About another 4 minutes. I also cooked zucchini (sliced in half) with olive oil, salt, and pepper. I added these when I turned the steak. Turn the zucchini after a minute. I added the pineapple slices at the same time and turned them twice. You need to watch the food temp. If you cook by time, yes, it turns off but the Ninja grate is still hot and will continue to cook. I think next time I will try cooking on Med rather than Hi. Everything was tasty and juicy. Its going to be a learning curve just like the GMG was.

While we are recommending things I also picked these up for cooking. Like the built in stand and, for those of us that have one, can be put in dishwasher.

5-Pack Silicone Tongs for... Amazon.com
STOP IT!!!
I need to call my sponsor for support. This is getting out of hand. o_Oo_O

Latest resources

Back