NIRVC Manufacturers Defects Per Unit

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Bill,
thanks for sharing that post, but i had already read it and still dont agree with the method of data analysis in this case. the data is misleading at best and doesn't really show anything of value that could be used in a decision making process. I will leave it at that..

All data is imperfect, but even imperfect data is better than nothing and certainly better than random personal anecdotes on the internet. I'm glad NIRVC is collecting and publishing this. I also suspect they have a lot more data but aren't sharing it publicly for competitive reasons and to not piss off the manufacturers. I'd love to see data for the first year or two of ownership but that's got to be much harder to collect and trust. That kind of warranty data would almost have to come from the manufacturers themselves which I doubt they'd publish. As an engineer I had to make decisions based on the data I had, not the data I wish I had.

I think compiling that kind of data that NIRVC is doing is very proactive. Not only for us as customers, but for them as a major RV seller. And I 'll tell you what, if and when I am looking at another new coach I will definitely give NIRVC a shot.

I think we really need and appreciate people like Brett and Leigh Tiffin that are involved and caring enough about their business to keep us, the general public informed.

I had or have extensive dealings with two RV Sales companies. One was recently bought out and their service prices sky rocketed. The other is just to far away and always higher on price.

Brett thank you very much for the explanation of your DPU report.

HH

Glad NIRVC is sharing this data. Then add in 1st year warranty repairs... I know that my first year of ownership I fixed my own issues at a 5:1 to 6:1 ratio to what I went to the dealer to resolve under warranty. I went to the dealer for either things I couldn't resolve myself, that I absolutely wanted documented, or the $ was high enough to put it back on Newmar even after factoring in spending the fuel on it. I guess my point is that the NIRVC numbers are only part of the quality story and I suspect the actual numbers are higher.

Transparency is a good thing.

Best,
-Mark

I think its worth mentioning that even $2M coaches have issues that have to be corrected.. we have friends with a 2024 Newell and they have had more issues with it than we have with our Newmar DutchStar... bottom line to me is that most coaches will have problems, but how they are taken care of is what matters most... as Mark stated, some of us like to do our own repairs and I am one of them... not worth it to bring a coach into a shop to sit for weeks for something that is minor and doesn't impact a trip... That being said, i always notify Newmar of any issue i find so they can have the information on what i found and how i corrected it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back