Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
What the hell!

Quick calculation:

Volume= original volume (at 1 atmosphere,or your elevation)*(original volume/final pressure)

Zero volume would be impossible to obtain without a vacuum chamber due to the inability to hold a seal! However actual volume of O2 in both nitrogen vs air fill. At the pressure of inflation,using the formula above you can determine the actual volume of O2 in the tire.

No place that offers the service to my knowledge considers the volume at elevation pressure.

Furthermore, over time the O2 will escape the tire,just as the physics used to remove the O2 in their equipment does. You may ask if the tires will do the job anyhow, why bother? Well because the process of adding air will keep the O2 in abundant supply.

On the same principle, topping off the pressure with nitrogen, will continue to reduce any O2 that was in the volume of air during the original tire installation.

There comes a time that everything becomes foolishness, when carried beyond reason!!!

Have a good evening, and don't lose to much sleep over this!!!
In post #42 you said that was your last comment on this subject, yet here you are. ;)
Carry on.

How would they keep the bead seated while doing that?
The pumped it down but there is no way they removed all air.

Thinking about this, even mounting the tire will introduce 22% oxygen that will be diluted with nitrogen.

The more I think about the use of nitrogen the more I am convinced it’s not practical or beneficial.

From Goodyear website

“Some tire shops feel that nitrogen is an important feature to provide to their tire buyers. Besides the cost of acquiring the nitrogen, there is more labor involved in filling tires properly with nitrogen. To remove the regular air from a tire and fill it with nitrogen requires a “purging” process where the tire is repeatedly filled with nitrogen to gradually remove as much of the regular air out of the tire as possible.”

According to Consumer Reports benefits of Nitrogen filled tires, in practical terms, are more theoretical than real.

So Joe!

When you were young did you fit in? Or were you ridiculed? My guess is you had few friends! Take heart My friend, if true, your not alone, but rather the universe is full of your family!!!

Anyhow, what you posted is as is expected, full of agenda speak! This is what I read!

1) the choice is based on cost, and convenience!

2) products disappear from shelves, for much the same reasons. (Profit)

3) if we test properly, we will serve our real customers needs, while appearing to serve the public!

Let me explain!!!

Anytime a word or concept is repeated 3 or more times it is marketing!

Just because a product is no longer on your favorite store shelves,does not mean the product is no longer made, or available.

Now the biggest point!

a) to produce the highly reactive ozone,you need the friction that only use will provide. Putting the tires in the sun will only react on the outside of the tires, where those "normal people" expect ozone damage! Notice the 10 year carcuss life pointed out for unused tires!!! Does that corelate to common practice,and recommendation??

Tire resistance (MPG)!!! The least resistance is produced with a new tire! Yes the information is in the report, and passed over! As the ozone reacts with the rubber compound, the compound becomes more brittle (that's the information). This creates friction,that comes from resistance, that creates more heat, and that heat comes from someplace! That is noticable in MPG. The weather cracks that you see in an old tire actually offers better MPG due to the air gap offering a point of least resistance!!!

Like you said Joe! Purging is the way to reduce O2 in an install! That is how a new propane bottle is prepared for a fill. That only need be done with one purging fill, and only requires low pressure!!!

As far as who the sponsor of the project??? Well first why this article is so timely! Online tire sales, would have to downplay the importance of nitrogen fill,and tirerack would gain from such propaganda!!!

And yes, there is always an agenda!!! And you, Joe are less susceptible to the propaganda, because you always research!!!

So Joe!

When you were young did you fit in? Or were you ridiculed? My guess is you had few friends! Take heart My friend, if true, your not alone, but rather the universe is full of your family!!!

Anyhow, what you posted is as is expected, full of agenda speak! This is what I read!

1) the choice is based on cost, and convenience!

2) products disappear from shelves, for much the same reasons. (Profit)

3) if we test properly, we will serve our real customers needs, while appearing to serve the public!

Let me explain!!!

Anytime a word or concept is repeated 3 or more times it is marketing!

Just because a product is no longer on your favorite store shelves,does not mean the product is no longer made, or available.

Now the biggest point!

a) to produce the highly reactive ozone,you need the friction that only use will provide. Putting the tires in the sun will only react on the outside of the tires, where those "normal people" expect ozone damage! Notice the 10 year carcuss life pointed out for unused tires!!! Does that corelate to common practice,and recommendation??

Tire resistance (MPG)!!! The least resistance is produced with a new tire! Yes the information is in the report, and passed over! As the ozone reacts with the rubber compound, the compound becomes more brittle (that's the information). This creates friction,that comes from resistance, that creates more heat, and that heat comes from someplace! That is noticable in MPG. The weather cracks that you see in an old tire actually offers better MPG due to the air gap offering a point of least resistance!!!

Like you said Joe! Purging is the way to reduce O2 in an install! That is how a new propane bottle is prepared for a fill. That only need be done with one purging fill, and only requires low pressure!!!

As far as who the sponsor of the project??? Well first why this article is so timely! Online tire sales, would have to downplay the importance of nitrogen fill,and tirerack would gain from such propaganda!!!

And yes, there is always an agenda!!! And you, Joe are less susceptible to the propaganda, because you always research!!!
1718132408289.png

So you don't get the motivation issue I stated in my last post?

That's ok,most don't!

This is the thing. This topic is not that important to me!!! It will prove of little importance to others in a short period of time!

The riddle to these topics I involve myself in are simply to waist My time.
I could take the time to explain AAAs motivation, but I'm not going to.

I spend my time when not here learning from people like Clif High who have very good insights.

but all this time spent, is only in waiting for my family to arrive!!! I don't really see how this information will help anyone in the future world!!!

Latest resources

Back