• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved No water

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Sounds as if the auto fill valve is stuck open.

Correct me if I'm wrong in what you're trying to convey @NWIP but if the autofill valve was stuck open and water was flowing in then it would overflow. I had to replace my autofill valve. This case sounds like a water pump or controller issue as the pump is not pulling the water from the fresh tank to supply the coach.

@jagpot have you tried calling Newmar service?

Yes I did. I did talk to someone here in LA that they recommend. He told me about other fuses behind electrical compartment. I don't have the electrical controller like you showed a pic of instead I have other fuses. Let me also say that the water does pour out from underneath the coach in front of duel tire passenger side when water pump on. Is that what you experienced?

Let me also say that the water does pour out from underneath the coach in front of duel tire passenger side when water pump on. Is that what you experienced?
I can't remember my scenario but I had a flood going on in the wet bay itself. Have you recently opened any low point drains for any reason? Winterization? If any of the valves are not in the correct position you could overflow but it may also be autofill but you should be able to disable that in your silverleaf control.

I can't remember my scenario but I had a flood going on in the wet bay itself. Have you recently opened any low point drains for any reason? Winterization? If any of the valves are not in the correct position you could overflow but it may also be autofill but you should be able to disable that in your silverleaf control.
No drain valves have been opened. This just happened out of the blue. I did disable the autofill in the Silverleaf, When I turn on the pump water pours out from under coach and it stays at 100%. That's crazy to me. Unless perhaps the city side supply is refilling it and that valve is bad. Thoughts?:unsure:

This does not sound like a stuck autofill to me. In my situation it was only a problem when city water was ON and therefore the fresh tank overflowed. With city water disconnected (or OFF) and the water pump ON it should be feeding the coach water supply when demanded. It should not be overflowing. The only time I've seen the water pump assist an "overflow" is with a low point drain opened.

This does not sound like a stuck autofill to me. In my situation it was only a problem when city water was ON and therefore the fresh tank overflowed. With city water disconnected (or OFF) and the water pump ON it should be feeding the coach water supply when demanded. It should not be overflowing. The only time I've seen the water pump assist an "overflow" is with a low point drain opened.

We were also came home from playing golf and found water coming from bottom of coach. We were however hooked up to city water. It was a fast drip but when i went in the coach and turned the pump on (which i did not need to do) it gushed water and read 100%. If husband unplugged from city water and i turned pump on No water in coach.

Autofill is between city water and the fresh tank. It controls the fill line. The water pump draws from the fresh tank directly and supplies the coach.

You may want to get a RV mobile tech to look at it if you can't trace the flow and possible leak. A pex line may have disconnected.

Autofill is between city water and the fresh tank. It controls the fill line. The water pump draws from the fresh tank directly and supplies the coach.

You may want to get a RV mobile tech to look at it if you can't trace the flow and possible leak. A pex line may have disconnected.
Thanks. I think you are right. I'll keep you posted as to what we find out.

Latest resources

Back