Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wr Sahara
Fulltimer
No
New water pump (2 months ago) at resort. Hooked up to city water. Noticed leaking under coach. Auto fill on tank at 100%. Disconnected water supply. No water available. Pump switch in silver leaf on but no water. Thoughts?
Also does the pump only come on when hooked up to city water if the pressure is below 60psi? My coach has a third option in the WB. City water (auto fill override)
Used coach and never got password to be able to change auto fill settings.

The water pump will supply water to the coach when there is insufficient pressure from city water, i.e. city water disconnected, autofill active, low pressure from supply. So if you're disconnected the water pump should be supplying water when demanded. The water pump itself is a simple two wire 12V system, the ground goes to the water pump controller and turns the pump on and off. You can test the pump by connecting a ground but you can also trace the wire and check the fuse. I believe in my coach the water pump fuse is in the half bath 12V panel.

The water pump will supply water to the coach when there is insufficient pressure from city water, i.e. city water disconnected, autofill active, low pressure from supply. So if you're disconnected the water pump should be supplying water when demanded. The water pump itself is a simple two wire 12V system, the ground goes to the water pump controller and turns the pump on and off. You can test the pump by connecting a ground but you can also trace the wire and check the fuse. I believe in my coach the water pump fuse is in the half bath 12V panel.
Do I need to turn off any water controls to dismantle the pump? Do I need to take the old pump off to actually test it?

First thing I would try is cycle 12V power to the coach. Next thing is fine the 12V fuse in your half bath 12V panel. After that locate your water pump, typically on left wall behind wet bay panel (look up from below) and find the wires and inspect.

First thing I would try is cycle 12V power to the coach. Next thing is fine the 12V fuse in your half bath 12V panel. After that locate your water pump, typically on left wall behind wet bay panel (look up from below) and find the wires and inspect.
Fuse is good. Wires seem good. Don’t know how to cycle 12 v in coach or what to look for.

I don't know on a 2014 but on newer Newmars at least there is a switch at the door to turn off 12V power. This is typically done when putting the coach in storage. I don't know if maybe this is controlled via SilverLeaf, I defer to those with SilverLeaf to assist with that. It could very well be a pump has gone bad and you could swap it out with the same one which you should be able to find on Amazon, Newmar Parts, etc. It's probably a Flojet.

I don't know on a 2014 but on newer Newmars at least there is a switch at the door to turn off 12V power. This is typically done when putting the coach in storage. I don't know if maybe this is controlled via SilverLeaf, I defer to those with SilverLeaf to assist with that. It could very well be a pump has gone bad and you could swap it out with the same one which you should be able to find on Amazon, Newmar Parts, etc. It's probably a Flojet.
It is an a Ramco flow jet 3.5 which I just bought 1 month ago to keep as a spare. I will look for the switch. Thanks as always for your help.

Upon trying everything we could we pulled into tv storage and decided to put the new spare pump in. Result: nothing changed. 100%in freshwater tank and absolutely no action from pump. Dumbfounded! Any other ideas?

Voltmeter on the black and red wires to see if current is getting to the pump, pump controller, etc. which likely is not happening per your test. You could take some wire (black for example) and connect the black lead coming out of the pump to a ground and see if the pump comes on, that would indicate a pump controller is bad or silverleaf is not telling the pump controller to open.

Do you have a pump controller that the water pump connects to that looks like the one below? I don't know what is used in your coach but this is what I have and it's cheap and a simple replacement.

Amazon product ASIN B00A2TBL7A
I keep a spare pump and pump controller in my spares kit.

Latest resources

Back