Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

slomo

RVF Newbee
Been lurking for a while and like many others, looking to get into the RV fun phase of my life. Like others, having trouble deciding on what path to take. Requirements are me, the missus and two canines; our goal is to travel to with the purpose of sightseeing and hiking in state and national parks, also like checking out the small towns along the way.
Logic tells me to start with a TT small enough to pull behind my 2010 Tundra crew cab and eventually upgrade, but desire tells me to reach for a driver that can tow my 95 jeep wrangler. I lam very familiar with towing construction and cattle trailers and not afraid to get my hands dirty as I'm a big DIY'er, but also would enjoy pampering the wife at times.
I realize there is not one right answer for all but looking to glean on other's expertise and experience to help me get a start on my research. Here are my requirements:
- sleeps 2 humans and 2 canines (no bed needed for dogs, just don't want to trip over them)​
- stays of 1-5 days per trip, 10-15 trips per year​
- possible beach/mountain area trips​
- concerned with navigating small towns​
- budget is roughly 100K but would like to stay closer to half that to allow for maintenance and upgrades if needed. A man's upkeep can be his downfall.​
- timeframe is 1-3 years for expected purchase​
I'd like to buy something tomorrow, but I don't want to make an expensive mistake, hoping to gain wisdom from other's experience and enjoy the ride! Really enjoying the knowledge shared here.

Latest resources

Back