LErlinger

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4081
RV Length
Help, My Dutchstar 2022 4081 has no heat in the bedroom. I can hear and feel the fan on but it is blowing cold air. I do have heat in the Kitchen area. I can feel the fan On and the heat is coming out of the vent below kitchen cabinets on the floor. The AC1 & AC 2 are in the On position and the burner is also in the On position. I am plugged into 50 amp service. I do not see any fault lights on the ignition or any for that matter except green lights. Any ideas?

Where are you feeling cold air? Floor ducts or from the air conditioner (ceiling)? For the floor vents to blow warm air your t-stat needs to be in FURNACE mode. Otherwise if it's above 40F outside you an use Heat Pump to get heat from the roof units.

Where are you feeling cold air? Floor ducts or from the air conditioner (ceiling)? For the floor vents to blow warm air your t-stat needs to be in FURNACE mode. Otherwise if it's above 40F outside you an use Heat Pump to get heat from the roof units.
Thanks, Neal for your quick response. I do have my T-stat in "Furnace mode" and the cold air is blowing from the floor ducts but only in the bedroom and back bathroom area. The air is hot coming from the floor ducts in the kitchen area.

Maybe that zone’s pump is not working?

Not sure….not familiar with that model. I would call thermal research tomorrow. They are very helpful and can help with troubleshooting.

That is exactly what happens when a zone pump stops working on my Oasis (I’ve been through three), and its not uncommon for them to fail early, but I am also not familiar with the Chinook model, so I agree - talk to their support folks.

If its like mine, they are easy enough to work but a lot of stuff is packed into a small box so its tight quarters. Also a new OE pump for mine is over $300 now so this is my new source for pumps:
C1E Circulating Pump - Worldwide Shipping | US Solar Pumps I haven’t used them yet but many have with good reaults.

You’d have to check specs to make sure it would work in your Chinook, but if not, they might have another that does. Also on mine when a pump fails it also blows a fuse - something quick and easy to check.

I had the same issue as well, exact zone, replaced pump and all was fine. I carry two spares.

Ugh...more spares....

Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure what other people use but you need something to clamp the hoses when changing a pump to prevent the OASIS fluid from draining. I have two of these.

Amazon product ASIN B000O3NACS

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back