Rustymayes

RVF VIP
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Fulltimer
No
This morning I noticed that we had no hot water with the AC II switch selected...... I checked the obvious things first, the breakers, fault lights and then the aqua stat over temp breakers and there were no faults. I have a green light on remote panel then it goes out. I have 115-120 V at the junction box by the heater. The diesel heat still works so we do have water but have no fault lights either on the remote switch panel or the fault panel in the heater bay. I only have a power light on the remote fault panel and no AC heat light when it is selected. I have gone thru the trouble shooting manual and so far have not been able to find a definitive fault. Anyone else had this issue?

I had the issue, no fault lights, fix was to change summer loop pump.

Thanks Neal, Will the system work on diesel if the summer loop pump is inoperable though? I need to get one to have as a spare anyway.

On top of the panel wall mounted right of the oasis unit try turning on the override switch. This may help until you change the pump. I assume you checked and/replaced the blade fuse just to see if that could be it? Doubtful but something to try.

What about the electrical connections to the heater elements where the wiring enters the top of the Oasis? These hav been know to burn out…

X2 on the summer loop pump. I’m on my third and there was never anything to show a problem except no hot water. Unbelievable how unreliable these pumps are.

But it sounds like he still had hot water from the diesel burner….which wouldn’t be true if it were the summer pump….no?

I have never seen anything written about the elements themselves. I don't know that that is the problem. Are they prone to burn out, or do they typically last a long time in the glycol, as opposed a hot water element that is working in probably hard water?

The diesel heat still works
I’m assuming by this that the burner turns on, correct? But still no hot water? Just trying to understand @Richpatty’s statement.

the issue is that the AC just does not heat the water either on I or II. The led just lights for a few seconds and then goes out. The diesel burner works fine. No fault lights come on. I figured that if the summer loop pump was out that neither system would heat water. I am hesitant to use turn on the bypass as it would just run continuously no?
I think I will need to call ITR on Monday to get some guidance on this one.
Thanks for the input y'all

Latest resources

Back