• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Oasis down again....

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
This morning I had all what I needed to replace the EMS module at the top of the circuit breaker panel.
Turned off the 50A breaker on the pedestal outside, pulled off the plug and locked the cover. (had a case while working in the hangar on the electrics: I had the breaker OFF and taped on top with masking tape. An idiot came, and without asking ripped the tape off and turned on the breaker = Big Balls of Fire in my face. That's why I use a lock as electricians do)
Turned off Generator CB and turned off the inverter. Tested the panel for any current just to make sure it has no hot wires.
Removed the wires one by one while labeling each one where it goes.
Tried to slide the module out. NO GO? all the wires behind the panel were zip tied without any slack. It is Newmar thing.
Managed to cut them carefully one by one without cutting any wires.
Long story short, it took me about an hour+ to put back everything together. Turned all the power, and no smoke so far?
The Oasis work as intended. Below is a photo of the burned area of the module.
Gota say I can smell the smoke from here!

Glad you got it fixed @Buly. Curious how many wires were connected on the back side of module?
Nice job.
Hi Bill,
There are two telephone wires with telephone jacks and one Molex with bunch of wires, but I did not count them

Latest resources

Back