• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Oasis down again....

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Wow ... That looks very scary. Another reason to look around more often. Thanks for sharing.

Looks like @Neal tried to use it for one of his pop tarts

OMG @Buly, that's some scary stuff there!

I blew up the picture to look at it a little closer. There's more damage going on there than just at the top. That main negative wire looks to have take some abuse as well Almost looks like something scrapped the insulation off of it. And in one place the wire is actually exposed. What has happened in there?

Note to self, add smoke detector in half bath inside cabinet containing breaker box.

I’d wager you should send that picture to Newmar and see what they say.

I’d wager you should send that picture to Newmar and see what they say.

I'll bet $500 "This is the first time we've heard of this"

OMG @Buly, that's some scary stuff there!

I blew up the picture to look at it a little closer. There's more damage going on there than just at the top. That main negative wire looks to have take some abuse as well Almost looks like something scrapped the insulation off of it. And in one place the wire is actually exposed. What has happened in there?
All the lugs on top are connected at the back, to a multi wire loom from the Power Control System. You can see the color wires at the back. That's why I want to get the proper part with wiring schematic. But today we were moving to another location, and I did not get an answer from the manufacturer on my inquiry.
My only guess is, one screw was loose, and started heating up?
I would not have used a single wire household conductors, but stranded wire with crimped eyelet terminals. But it is too much work and time for the production line.

It crossed my mind to send it to Newmar, but I know they have bigger fish to fry. Same thing with the defective ceiling lights burning up in large numbers.
I was there in person when I brought it up. They just shrugged their shoulders, and offered to sell me replacement ones. I have bought and replaced more than 10 fixtures. LED’s should last 30-50,000 hrs?

Today I gathered some desire to fix the Oasis electrical heater side. After checking everything around the unit, even replacing the AC relay, nothing changed.
Breaker panel was only thing left. Photo shows what I found. Another electrical “near fire” situation.
Now I need some drawing of how the wires are connected, since the labels are burned . If anyone knows, let me know.
Thanks
@Buly Am I looking at a jumper from 3rd post to 5th 4th post, right to left?

Today I called again Precision Circuits to order the burned out part. $300 o_O I thought maybe they are trying to sell me the whole CB panel? Nope!
That little section apparently has a circuit board behind with some electronics leading to the display panel. When I asked for some wiring schematic, Theytold me that the manufacturer has them?
Stay tuned......

@Buly Am I looking at a jumper from 3rd post to 5th 4th post, right to left?
I don't know what you mean Kevin? The photo is of the top right of the panel. Even I can not figure out what is what there. The wires are melted together.

Latest resources

Back